The Wish

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

humanistheart

The Wish

Post by humanistheart »

This was a short animation I made a few months ago, well this is an extended version of it. I went back to see if I could make it look better with some of the techniques I learned since originally making it. I was moderately successful at that anyway. After seeing how good the video's posted here are I'm almost embarrassed to share it, haha. Just keep in mind I've only been animating for a short time.

Danimal

Re: The Wish

Post by Danimal »

Nothing to be embarrassed about here, this is well done for as simple as it is. The floating genie gives some life to an otherwise static shot and there's a lot of laughs. The one that got me was the really quick "quiet you" to the genie. Also, at the end, as the man gets angrier and his expression changes, but also his shoulders gradually rise and his head gradually moves down to display his growing anger, VERY nice touch!

Now for the super nit-picky critical stuff you can ignore if you feel so inclined: your acting as the guy was good except on the two lines you yelled. In both of those instances you fell into the "I'll just whisper to simulate yelling" trap and it was very distracting. Also, the genie needn't point out that the man is xenophobic, the line was funny enough on its own before he said that. Sort of felt like you were explaining the joke rather than having the genie ignore the obvious ignorance of the man.

Like I said, that's about as hyper-critical as it gets, this really was well done!
~Danimal
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

Hey Danamal, thanks so much for the reply :)

You know, I'm not sure I agree with you for the first instance of yelling, but I had that same being taken out of the moment kind of feeling with the 2nd one. I couldn't quite put my finger on why until I read your post, I think you're right about that there. It's very interesting to read your feedback about the xenophobic comment. It never occurred to me that that could be taken as explaining the joke, I thought it as funny in its own right as here is this supernatural being and he's disgusted with this random guy's bigotry. Thanks for saying that, it really is very interesting reading how others take the lines.

Thanks for the positive feedback, and the critique, very helpful :)
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

Dan is right. Nothing for you to be embarassed about. As long as you do what you like, you'll be fine. Also, don't look at other artist and be discouraged,...or feel superior to other for that matter. You'll feel much better about your work. :)

Anyway, about your work. I enjoyed it. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Dan said it already (with the yelling part the beginning.) The genie had the best voice imo.

Nice work and I hope to see more from you =)
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

eric1223 wrote:Dan is right. Nothing for you to be embarrassed about. As long as you do what you like, you'll be fine. Also, don't look at other artist and be discouraged,...or feel superior to other for that matter. You'll feel much better about your work. :)

Anyway, about your work. I enjoyed it. I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Dan said it already (with the yelling part the beginning.) The genie had the best voice imo.

Nice work and I hope to see more from you =)

Thanks for the feedback :D The genie took some playing around with audacity, thanks for mentioning the voice.