Loop I Made for LoopDeLoop.org

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mattchee

Loop I Made for LoopDeLoop.org

Post by mattchee »

It's fairly simple and super short, but I had fun making it, and it was pretty educational for me actually. This is may second finished animation with ASP.

Here's the link to it at LoopDeLoop.org: http://www.loopdeloop.org/2015/09/matth ... t-fortune/

(positive votes and totally welcomed, if you like it! :D )

The biggest hurdle for me on this was getting the the coin bounce believable and timed right to get it to land where I wanted to. After several attempts using different methods, I eventually drew an FBF template of the coin bounce, since I've done frame by frame bouncing balls a million times, and then just placed the timeline/vector version of the coin in each frame where the template dictated. It was actually a bit on the fast side, so I spaced out the timing an extra frame (meaning, I doubled the number of frames for the duration of the bounce) and let those extra frames tween. I was pretty happy with the result.

The only other major challenge I had was masking the coin as it goes into the slot. That took a little trial and error. I had originally cheated and had the coin just pass behind the piggy bank (no slot), but I showed and early version to my 8 year old, and he totally called me out on it! :) So I went back and added the slot and made the coin go in front. I basically had a mask around the coin the whole way and then animated it's shape once it hits the slot, then hides the coin entirely as the rest of the animation plays out. The whole effort was just for the two frames where the coin goes into the slot, but it definitely made a big difference in the final result.

Anyhow, it's short, but sweet, and I'm proud of my second animation. Thanks for checking it out. I'm happy to answer any questions.