More exploration if ASP 3D capabilities

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Furpuss

More exploration if ASP 3D capabilities

Post by Furpuss »

This was an experiment to see how far I could push the 3D abilities of ASP. There were no actual 3D objects imported and no 3D conversions. No bones were used. The first step was to build a 3D wireframe mannikin.

The model was built solely within ASP using the XY Rotate tool and the Transform layer tool. A hierarchy was created in the Layers panel by nesting Group Layers within Group Layers. Making the model was hard and time consuming because I didn't really know what I was doing at first. But the animation only took a few hours.

The idea was to possibly use this as a template for a vector character on top. Which I haven't tried yet.
You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oh_kuA ... e=youtu.be

Cheers,
Furpuss
ulrik

Re: More exploration if ASP 3D capabilities

Post by ulrik »

That looks really good, well done!
If you do apply this on a character you must show the result.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Beautiful motion
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I'd like to know more details about this. You have many years of experience as a professional FBF animator. I will closely study anything you write.
Cheers, Larry
Furpuss

Post by Furpuss »

3deeguy wrote:I'd like to know more details about this. You have many years of experience as a professional FBF animator. I will closely study anything you write.
It was a very complicated system I developed but if you want to get started I recommend watching Toonmilk's tutorial on 2.5 head turns. This is where I got my idea from. As you work thru it, you will start to get an understanding of Anime Studio's 3D coordinate system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-lS-UZBlN8