Character Rigs

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tblrs

Re: Character Rigs

Post by tblrs »

I hope so Dale.

Thank you.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

These are really nice rigs. I'm very interested in how people do their rigs and it gave me an idea for sharing concepts, but I didn't want to take over this thread so I posted my idea of using the Character Wizard character to share rigging ideas/suggestions/examples here
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28849&p=164431#p164431

Great job tblrs! (I also subscribed to your channel. It's nice.)
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

When you put together a rig is there an order you go through? Do you make a list of things you need for a complete rig?
chucky

Post by chucky »

Brilliant work tblrs!
It is so great to see new work of this high standard , love it!
tblrs

Post by tblrs »

ruscular3d wrote:When you put together a rig is there an order you go through? Do you make a list of things you need for a complete rig?
oh. I wrote a long post and when i tried to send. BAM! i logged out and aaaaall the things i wrote has gone. I am kinda mad now -_-
But let me try to answer again.

If what you mean is What makes a character complete;

after making basic body rigging, it should have (in order i go through) :
-feet turns
-upper and lower body turns
-head turns( horizontally and vertically)
-facial rigs (mimics)
-moutch switch (includes one or more mouth morph if needed )
-hand switch (includes one or more hand morphs if needed)

In the last project i worked. there were little chicken characters with tiny chicken arms. but in animation characters needed to carry some bigger sack or something else which they can't do with those tiny arms. and client also doesn't want to change that tiny arms style. so i had to make switch arms which both have different bones. + a smartbone to make the passing one arms to another look fluent. animator first use the smartbone. when tiny arm transfromes to another, they switch arms. and starts to work with the bones of second arm. what i mean is, '' Complete rig '' is really depends on what client wants and how character is.

If What you asked is what i need for making a complete rig-
- More info from client :D
how they want the character (if they want ik rig or not/ if they want morphs or switches or both etc)
- materials (if they don't want me to draw - mouth drawings for switches/ inside the mouth etc)
-I don't use referance for turns but if they want spesificial looking for side or front views- they may share character sheet (but it didn't happen before ddd )
what else... I don't know. anything besides these i can handle that.
organizing layers, seperate some, or merge some. it depends on the smartbones. I usually try not to use layer order in actions. sometimes it doesn't work quite normally when you use that before. animators can't order layers while animating etc. so i decide with layers should be in one layer or which one should be seperated.

I am not sure it's the answer you are looking for. but you wanna ask anything specificial. let me know
I hope it helps
chucky wrote:Brilliant work tblrs!
It is so great to see new work of this high standard , love it!
And thank you Chucky ^^ Happy to see that
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

that was informational on the list

I had not consider doing a morph and switch layers together for one aspect like hands or mouth.
Why did I not think about that? great stuff!
Lúthien

Post by Lúthien »

Wow, great work. Very inspiring!
reniad nu elin luin