2.5D Goku rig

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Syncs

2.5D Goku rig

Post by Syncs »

A early version of a goku rig im working on, with full body and head turn, rigged arms and feet

Let me know what you think
neeters_guy

Re: 2.5D Goku rig

Post by neeters_guy »

Clever to be sure, but I'd be curious to see how you use this type of rig in production.
willf

Post by willf »

Nice.

I particularly like your solution for the arms. The way the bicep moves as the arm turns is great.

Also I like what you did with his mouth, where one side of the control bone is mouth closed to open with no teeth, and the other side is closed to open but with teeth showing. Haven't seen anyone use that before.
Syncs

Post by Syncs »

neeters_guy wrote:Clever to be sure, but I'd be curious to see how you use this type of rig in production.
Thanks, This rig is no different to having 5 separate rigs for all angles, so I'm not exactly sure what you mean how it could be used in production. Plus it's a commission I'm doing for someone, so not for me.
Syncs

Post by Syncs »

willf wrote:Nice.

I particularly like your solution for the arms. The way the bicep moves as the arm turns is great.

Also I like what you did with his mouth, where one side of the control bone is mouth closed to open with no teeth, and the other side is closed to open but with teeth showing. Haven't seen anyone use that before.
Thanks, I like to try push the boat and try different things, I'm letting out all my trade secrets
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Very insteresting Syncs. Definitely shows the power of smart bones. How long do you think it would take you to rig a character like that, in general? I like the power of smart bones, but my biggest challenge is when multiple bones interplay. There's always some interaction that I have to keep fiddling with.
Syncs

Post by Syncs »

strider2000 wrote:Very insteresting Syncs. Definitely shows the power of smart bones. How long do you think it would take you to rig a character like that, in general? I like the power of smart bones, but my biggest challenge is when multiple bones interplay. There's always some interaction that I have to keep fiddling with.
Thanks, Takes about 6 hours if I have everything. Can take longer. I know what you mean about smart bone conflicts, it best to move minimum about of points with each action