Animation for UK charity Deki, created with Moho 11

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

animated_magic

Animation for UK charity Deki, created with Moho 11

Post by animated_magic »

Hello... created this animation with Moho. I've found using Moho has really allowed a lot more expressiveness with the characters. Previous animation was all done in After Effects, which although powerful is a little awkward to use with the puppet tool ect. Using the frame by frame animation was great for making the paint ball explosion.

All the characters were drawn in Illustrator, the backgrounds in Photoshop, compositing was done in After Effects, editing in Premiere. The making of this film can be found on my blog (link below). http://animatedmagic.co.uk/blog.html#!/ ... nimation/2

All feedback welcome!

Thanks for creating this fantastic software,

Luke
Last edited by animated_magic on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jahnocli

Re: First Animation Created with Moho

Post by jahnocli »

You should be proud. Looks really good, and works well.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
animated_magic

Post by animated_magic »

jahnocli wrote:You should be proud. Looks really good, and works well.
Thanks for your feedback jahnocli! Excited to try new ideas with this software.
pihms

Post by pihms »

Quality work! Thanks for sharing. :D
animated_magic

Post by animated_magic »

pihms wrote:Quality work! Thanks for sharing. :D
Thanks Pihms!
animated_magic

Re: Animation for UK charity Deki, created with Moho 11

Post by animated_magic »

djwaterman wrote:Nice.
Hey thanks Djwaterman!
cynthia

Post by cynthia »

It is very effective and funny. the facial expressions and gestures are very good. well done!

Sometimes the background overwhelms the characters a little, although this is also part of the artwork's style and charm. There are a few techniques that, when used judiciously, can help to make the background sit back and support the characters rather than fight with them. In the background: reduce colour saturation; have less contrast --save your lightest and darkest tones for the foreground; reduce some details. in MOHO you can also set the background back in 3D space by adjusting the z number.
I am also wondering if you use the freeze command to make sure movement doesnt start until you want it to? Sometimes a facial feature seems to start moving a little early.
animated_magic

Post by animated_magic »

cynthia wrote:It is very effective and funny. the facial expressions and gestures are very good. well done!

Sometimes the background overwhelms the characters a little, although this is also part of the artwork's style and charm. There are a few techniques that, when used judiciously, can help to make the background sit back and support the characters rather than fight with them. In the background: reduce colour saturation; have less contrast --save your lightest and darkest tones for the foreground; reduce some details. in MOHO you can also set the background back in 3D space by adjusting the z number.
I am also wondering if you use the freeze command to make sure movement doesnt start until you want it to? Sometimes a facial feature seems to start moving a little early.
Thanks Cynthia! Great to get your thoughts and very useful feedback. The freeze command is still something I'm getting my head around, as the animation channels work differently to After Effects. I will keep experimenting with the background colour palets. Thanks again, Luke.