Our first cartoon. Well that I would show anyone anyways.

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JrHighArt

Our first cartoon. Well that I would show anyone anyways.

Post by JrHighArt »

I have gotten some help from the forums and wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped. Here is what I was working on.

After seeing your posts, I know I have a long way to go. I do learn better by doing. The difference between the first and this is significant. I have been reading up on the principles . I know my timing is bad, my expressions are too static, and my weight is wrong. I did my best to achieve slow in slow out, but when you are tweening 24 frames it seems like it is really slow... So I am wondering if you would be willing to share how you get the feel for how long an actions should take. Do you play it back and judge that way? Is it an intuitive thing? or does it start with playback then end up intuitive? Anyways any help you can provide would be appreciated. I am using 9.5 pro.
Yosemite Sam

Re: Our first cartoon. Well that I would show anyone anyways

Post by Yosemite Sam »

JrHighArt wrote:I have gotten some help from the forums and wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped. Here is what I was working on.

After seeing your posts, I know I have a long way to go. I do learn better by doing. The difference between the first and this is significant. I have been reading up on the principles . I know my timing is bad, my expressions are too static, and my weight is wrong. I did my best to achieve slow in slow out, but when you are tweening 24 frames it seems like it is really slow... So I am wondering if you would be willing to share how you get the feel for how long an actions should take. Do you play it back and judge that way? Is it an intuitive thing? or does it start with playback then end up intuitive? Anyways any help you can provide would be appreciated. I am using 9.5 pro.
This was bad, but not necessarily in a bad way. There's definitely something here. I see a lot of these abstract type of animated bits, but underneath it all this one seemed to have a glimpse of something interesting.
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

The over all idea & concept is hilarious I laughed when the Logo stayed on too long in the beginning. Good timing on the jokes just need better timing on the animations, alot of it is trial and error some times just alt click and drag the key frames to make them closer or further away (sometimes you need to change the interpolation to Linear) best advise walk away come back later with a fresh eye. Good work!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
JrHighArt

Post by JrHighArt »

thanks for the comments and advice, I will try that.