twisted tales 4

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

twisted tales 4

Post by sargumphigaus »

Me and a YouTuber named Mr. X Dreams collaborated on a project. The first 15 minutes is him narrating a story audiobook style, which provides context for the conclusion which I animated. Just a warning. Things get intense towards the end. (people burning, bones getting broken, that sort of thing)

lwaxana

Re: twisted tales 4

Post by lwaxana »

Very nicely done! I especially liked the animation sequences at 14:52, 15:02. And the story and mood were compelling. The first time I watched, I skipped ahead to the animation, but the animated portion made a lot more sense within the context of the narrated portion of the story. Great stuff!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I tried to watch it, but 15 minutes of narration was too much for me. I don't think it can be justified as "context". For me, this needs some merciless editing. Sometimes you just have to throw away stuff you love. Sorry to be a bit negative...I don't know how to say it any other way.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

jahnocli wrote:I tried to watch it, but 15 minutes of narration was too much for me. I don't think it can be justified as "context". For me, this needs some merciless editing. Sometimes you just have to throw away stuff you love. Sorry to be a bit negative...I don't know how to say it any other way.
lol, what do i care. I didn't write it. I just did my part in the project, which was the animation at the end. I am but a mere cog in the machine. A symptom of another man's vision.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

sargumphigaus wrote:
jahnocli wrote:I tried to watch it, but 15 minutes of narration was too much for me. I don't think it can be justified as "context". For me, this needs some merciless editing. Sometimes you just have to throw away stuff you love. Sorry to be a bit negative...I don't know how to say it any other way.
lol, what do i care. I didn't write it. I just did my part in the project, which was the animation at the end. I am but a mere cog in the machine. A symptom of another man's vision.
Sorry, I thought you said you "collaborated" -- now you're a cog in another man's machine? Doesn't sound like collaboration to me. LOL.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I got demoted for insubordination between then and now. They told me they didn't like me because I had too much swagger.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

sargumphigaus wrote:I got demoted for insubordination between then and now. They told me they didn't like me because I had too much swagger.
Ha ha! Jeez. At least now I know why your stuff was just tacked on to the end...
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

that's just the way the cookie crumbles, brother.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Except for the complete beginners in animation, we all know how much time and effort it took to do the animation.

You know the longer I do animation the more 'swagger' I get.

Dale