Club Baboo - YouTube channel for young children

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Re: Club Baboo - YouTube channel for young children

Post by DK »

Thanks for the feedback Lukas. It's great to see someone on the forum actually doing this from scratch and following through. I hope you have every success and please keep the updates coming!!!

Cheers to you!
D.K
PatrickS

Post by PatrickS »

Here are some more Moho animations for Club Baboo. Last week we reached the 50.000 subscriber milestone, so it's going pretty good!

Willow

Post by Willow »

I know this is an older post but I do animation for children and was just wondering if things have picked up for you. I might make one suggestion if you are still doing these, as a former preschool teacher, you might add more value to the animations that name animals if you put the words with the animal. Early childhood educators would find that more useful. Good luck.
PatrickS

Post by PatrickS »

Yes, we're still working hard to make the channel grow. Thanks for the suggestion, we'll keep that in mind for our next videos!
DK

Post by DK »

Great to see you still going! keep up the wonderful work you're doing!
Cheers
D.K
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

We’re still working on the YouTube channel! It has become a full time thing and it feels great to be able to say no to other projects. Here’s our latest upload, almost all of it is Moho, we don’t really composit:
DK

Post by DK »

Great work Lukas!!!! Dinosaurs are like crack for kids ;)

Cheers
D.K
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's fantastic Lukas! Club Baloo is charming and well done, and I'm happy to hear the YouTube channel is taking off for you guys.

Thanks for sharing it! 😸
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Wow more than 500k subs is awesome, congrats!

The backgrounds, the characters, animations, sounds... everything is very well done.

What happens with the dislikes? I don't understand why someone would dislike these kind of videos...
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Daxel wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:37 pm I don't understand why someone would dislike these kind of videos...
Unless you already get a video from a channel in your suggestions, you can't tell YouTube to not suggest its videos. And since they did away with "don't suggest related videos," once you start getting suggested videos, you have to kill them one by one. Since I don't want things I only watch once to be suggested and crowd out videos I'm regularly interested in, YouTube seems to understand a dislike. I don't usually do that for embedded videos though.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:35 pm .. Since I don't want things I only watch once to be suggested and crowd out videos I'm regularly interested in, YouTube seems to understand a dislike. I don't usually do that for embedded videos though...
One way to not get further suggestions based on a watched video is to remove it from your viewing history.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SimplSam wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:51 am One way to not get further suggestions based on a watched video is to remove it from your viewing history.
I know, but that takes more digging around.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Daxel wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:37 pmWhat happens with the dislikes? I don't understand why someone would dislike these kind of videos...
For kids content a 50/50 like/dislike ratio is pretty normal. I assume its a combination of toddlers that touch anything randomly and older kids that are too cool for baby tv (before comments were disabled there were plenty of comments from teens that suggested this). The algorithm doesn’t mind though, interaction is valued both positive and negative and audience retention is key.

The channels total watch time is 37.5 million hours, it’s pretty mind boggling. 😵💫
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

We're still at it and creating new stuff every week, most of the animation is 100% Moho 🥳

There's more on the channel:
https://www.youtube.com/@ClubBaboo
DK

Post by DK »

Good on you Lukas!!!Great stuff!
Cheers
D.K