Update on animated web series

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Ianafle

Re: Update on animated web series

Post by Ianafle »

Thanks for the advice, but i actually do have something to show, it's not much but at least it's Something, here is the link to my dog post.
http://projectorange2.blogspot.com/2018 ... eries.html
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

synthsin75 wrote:I remember AOL and pay-by-the-minute internet access. Before that was text-only BBS (well, with some ANSI art...I actually made an animated, very-low res picture for a friend's BBS using blinking ANSI characters).
Seems like ancient history now.

At the time I was making single-bit 2D cartoons using Macromedia Director, the precursor to Flash. For 3D, I was really into Ray Dream Designer, which was NOT an animation program at all but a friend came up with a tool that let me interpolate between separate project files, and I was able to create an animated 3D motorcycle chase sequence with it. The 2D stuff was semi-interactive, and the 3D stuff was compiled using the earliest version of QuickTime. I think those animations are long gone from the internet, having been buried with CIS/GEnie/AOL. I'd dig them up and re-post them except, even though I thought they were pretty cool at the time, they're probably awful by today's standards and I have a reputation to uphold...lol. :)
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

:? I have no idea what those are, but then again i am just a kid :wink:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ianafle wrote::? I have no idea what those are, but then again i am just a kid :wink:

Back in the day, we used berry juices and painted our animations on cave walls. :wink:

(Inspirational tangent: To any artists/animators reading this, if you haven't seen Werner Herzog's Cave of Forgotten Dreams, be sure to check it out.)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I was one of the first persons at work with a computer never mine being on line (DOA) I mean AOL :lol: The sound of the modem, The wait time for not only to connect but load pages! I was trying to do animations in Corel 5 (they had CorelMove!) that was so awesome...there are apps on my phone that are better than that now, but back then It was all I had, that and my 3d program Simply 3D or did Bryce show up first ?(there was a dos based one but can't remember the name of it just fly over landscapes stuff) Can you imagine if you needed to be online just to get your software to work back in those days!!
Nowadays nobody has any patience, everything's gotta be done yesterday.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

synthsin75 wrote:
LOL!

The anguish...the torment...no one understands my genius...that I must keep a secret, lest ne'er-do-wells steal my brilliant ideas. And the vitriol heaped upon my head is proof positive of their nefarious intentions. They covet what they've never seen but certainly know the value "out of the mouths of babes." But alas, I am a martyr. How can I dare to share my stupendous creativity, now that I know what evil lurks.
wow, I had to look two of those words up on the internet :oops:
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

??????
So has anyone checked out my blog yet? I posted something on their. It's a cover image for the series, it's not much but it's something.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Honest advice here. If you're going to expose yourself to the opinions of the internet, you should be much less validation seeking and develop a much thicker skin.
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

Ok
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ianafle wrote:??????
So has anyone checked out my blog yet? I posted something on their. It's a cover image for the series, it's not much but it's something.
Well, at one point you were just making a lot of empty promises. Now you've started to write them down. I guess that's progress.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Having been called a toothless dinosaur (Incidentally - or perhaps even dentally - how does that work? Even plant-eaters have to chew their food), I thought I'd post something using this as an image:

hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Please -- for your own protection against litigation -- before you start naming things - as I've said before - check that the name is not already in use where there is any risk of challenges of IP theft / defamation / … .

"Inmates" is a story-driven, atmospheric psychological horror game. https://steamcommunity.com/app/634120

As you haven't revealed your storyline it's not possible for anyone other than you to assess the risk.
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

Oh, I didn't know that, well i'm not changing the name so... yeah.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Paul -- You can lead a horse to water. Sometimes they will even drink. But often, a donkey will just kick you for the hell of it.
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

Really? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If i don't wanna change the name, i don't want to, leave me alone and stop talking crap about me.
You always have something to complain about.