Update on animated web series

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Ianafle

Re: Update on animated web series

Post by Ianafle »

Does anyone here have deviantart?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I do but I haven't managed/updated my DA account in at least a decade. The last time I checked, DA changed the format so my page is currently a mess. :P

I'd like to become active there again but it's a low priority for me at the moment. I'll probably do more work with my website before I come back to my DA page.

I still like browsing DA. Lots of talented people there and it's a good source of inspiration.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

Don't have any work posted there but I can sign in on my own account , I've been meaning to put some stuff up but never get around to it. mainly I just use YouTube now.

As a side note you are at a site of mostly ANIMATORS! soooooo Humor is going to really be prevalent and yes dare I say we use...... Sarcasm! That's at the top of the list. You need to have a sense of humor and you need to be able to observe...everything and everyone! Hell, considering your title you could use a lot of the stuff in this post as a script. Although you would have to play the part of the Old man talking to himself ranting and raving about nothing (He usually has an English accent - no offense to anyone here) :lol:
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

ok, whatever :roll: :roll:
chucky

Post by chucky »

(He usually has an English accent )

How original.
This a boring and untrue stereotype, I know Septics like to have a British Villain, but only cos you think they are cool and you can't bear the thought of those villainous qualities in yourselves.. People are basically the same the world over, their cultures may differ but individual variation is universal.

In other words that was offensive to all nationalities.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

chucky wrote:(He usually has an English accent )

How original.
This a boring and untrue stereotype, I know Septics like to have a British Villain, but only cos you think they are cool and you can't bear the thought of those villainous qualities in yourselves.. People are basically the same the world over, their cultures may differ but individual variation is universal.

Cockney for Yanks (Americans) isn't exactly flattering either. And remember, Britain was an actual villain to Yanks, so it's a historically relevant trope.
chucky

Post by chucky »

synthsin75 wrote:
chucky wrote:(He usually has an English accent )

How original.

Cockney for Yanks (Americans) isn't exactly flattering either. And remember, Britain was an actual villain to Yanks, so it's a historically relevant trope.
Yes the 'Septics' phrase may have connotations ... good point Hehe but I think that was a comeback of 'sorts'.
It can be hard to respect the disrespectful though, it would be more appropriate to target the poster, not the nation, I agree abolutely... The irony may have been lost there, apologies, Wes.

I think it's about time the people of the United States of America put that old gripe to bed though.
They had an issue with a government hundreds of years ago now, after all. Many Brits would also have had problems with that same government at that time, so it's a bit unfair to drag this thing out to all the people of that nation. How are things with the Japanese people? Not too long ago they earned a pretty ugly stereotype from the US which seems to have been rightfully dropped by and large. . Anyway, I live in what was a British prison colony so if we want to get historical.... :wink: Anyway sorry to go off topic, just having a laugh really. :mrgreen:
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

Hello everyone, so for the name of my Series it was called Inmates, but that name is already taken so what about these Names, which one do you like best.

1. Inmate Ventures
2. Inmate Adventures
3. Rae City Prison
4. Guilty

I really like number 3, anyways let me know which one you like.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

chucky wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:Cockney for Yanks (Americans) isn't exactly flattering either. And remember, Britain was an actual villain to Yanks, so it's a historically relevant trope.
Yes the 'Septics' phrase may have connotations ... good point Hehe but I think that was a comeback of 'sorts'.
It can be hard to respect the disrespectful though, it would be more appropriate to target the poster, not the nation, I agree abolutely... The irony may have been lost there, apologies, Wes.

I think it's about time the people of the United States of America put that old gripe to bed though.
They had an issue with a government hundreds of years ago now, after all. Many Brits would also have had problems with that same government at that time, so it's a bit unfair to drag this thing out to all the people of that nation. How are things with the Japanese people? Not too long ago they earned a pretty ugly stereotype from the US which seems to have been rightfully dropped by and large. . Anyway, I live in what was a British prison colony so if we want to get historical.... :wink: Anyway sorry to go off topic, just having a laugh really. :mrgreen:
As an Aussie, you really don't come from a culture that has a comparable heritage. So it's a tad arrogant to presume a people other than your own *should* do something. Many Brits still rag on America for hard fought freedoms they don't even enjoy themselves, so criticism still goes both ways across the pond. The US didn't fight for its basic freedoms from Japan...and Japan already paid dearly. Oz didn't need to go to war to reach its current sovereign autonomy. So not comparing apples to apples.

I can give you info direct from a current Aussie, but it's probably not necessary. Just that Aussie humor that can be a bit coarse, and take this in the same lighthearted nature as given. :D
chucky

Post by chucky »

synthsin75 wrote: take this in the same lighthearted nature as given. :D
No worries Wes :)
It is hard to pick the tone in text eh?
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

Which name do you like the best?
1. Inmate Ventures
2. Inmate Adventures
3. Rae City Prison
4. Guilty
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That depends on the premise.
Ianafle

Post by Ianafle »

You don't need to know the premise to just Tell me which name you like.
All you have to do is just pick the name you like.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Then I don't like any of them.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

When I can't decide on a title, it's because I'm not really sure what my project is about yet. If it was me, I would set the titles aside for now and continue developing the project. At some stage, it will be clear what the project should be called.

Sometimes I won't have a perfect title until I'm almost completely done with the project, and I may even be surprised by what that turns out to be.

An example is my 'B2' music video project. I've been calling it that because when I started it, it was going to be the second Brudders movie. It's actually the third now since I got distracted and made Scareplane after Happy Box. Well, if I really want to get technical, it should be called 'B4' because Hello Frankenstein could be considered a Brudders movie too. :P

I actually have a real title for 'B2' that I keep to myself and family members but I haven't announced it publicly because I know it's subject to change. For now, 'B2' is a good placeholder title.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.