absolutely all vector

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

absolutely all vector

Post by Víctor Paredes »

http://www.youtube.com/?v=0rJgcpNiFUk (300kb)
this is a dragon, is all made in moho. actually, i saw the topic "all vector, except the hair", and i said me, i could do something like this...

i hope your comments! (the last video i upload was commented only by ramón -gracias ramón, obviamente-).
Last edited by Víctor Paredes on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Nice looking character.
Are the skin all vectors also?, or is it an image?
I think the jaw region was a bit stiff, would you be able to animate that?, can it close it's mouth?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I love it!

This is just what I was talking about when I posted about "all vectors".

I keep getting this "vibe" that Moho somehow isn't capable of "complex painterly" effects without using images. I strongly disagree.

Plus with vector art... resolution independent! I love that. If my work ever needs to be "redone" for hi-def... just rerender.

I have been only using it for a few months (total time... I've owned it longer) and haven't even tried to do anything really complex yet... well complex is relative I guess.

I can't wait to find the time and do something really cool. I already know it will work.

Anything worth doing takes effort!

The potential is scary.

-Vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

rylleman wrote:Are the skin all vectors also?, or is it an image?
I think the jaw region was a bit stiff, would you be able to animate that?, can it close it's mouth?
yes, everythings are vector.
i'm working in the mouth, here is a new version
http://www.youtube.com/?v=MU-LAeALEeY (400kb)

but i still having problems with locking bones. and animate has been hard too, because the file is too complex to my little computer and his 128mb ram, so i cant calculate well the time, and i didn't knew how really my dragon would move.

thanks for you answer...
heyvern wrote:The potential is scary.
, yes, moho is a terrible monster... but not worse than lostmarble.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I appoligize if this is a common technique...

... but I have been putting my "painterly vector stuff" on a separate layer above the main "shape".

For instance I use a soft edge fill effect on highlights and shadows. I would draw shapes on the main "body" like an arm for the highlight and shadow. All of these shapes are on one or two layers above the main fill shape. Since they are controlled by the same bones... works like a charm

I even do this with switch groups when necessary and use that cool switchslave embedded script so the duplicate "shading" switch layer matches up with... whatever it is suppose to be shading... like for hands or head turns.

This way I can turn off all those "fancy" layers when animating and rendering tests. I don't know if this will speed things up or not... my computer seems pretty speedy to me... but I like the flexibility. Plus it is so much easier selecting shapes and making changes.

-Vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

well, i used the same technique, but with masking.
but this days i'm fighting with moho (wich is sad, because i consider moho like a friend). the locking layer doesn't work well (or, maybe, i don't know use it well... but that is little probable, because i'm perfect), sometimes the legs of my monster go crazy, and they begin to turn, then, when i fix it, the other leg begin to do the same, then, the first leg do the same in another step...
i don't know if i explain this well, but can somebody help me?

(and i fight with my computer, but this is not a problem, we always fight... and he win)
cribble

Post by cribble »

really good stuff there, can't wait to see a final animation. I wish i could be clever with 3d, but i'm too busy enjoying making cack stuff.
--Scott
cribble.net