Couple of horror shorts

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

Couple of horror shorts

Post by sargumphigaus »

How you folks doing? Been awhile, I hope you're all keeping well. I've been making some things, and I figured, I'd post here for old times sake.

A little background, Me and my buddies, Letsread!, Mr.X Dreams, Dr. Creepin Van Pasta, and my girlfriend, Horror With Heidi (all youtube channel names, obviously) are creating a sequence of more stories, all based on 2 sentence horror stories written by myself and Mr. X. It's kind of a spiritual successor to ten 2 sentence horror stories that me and LR made back in 2016. You can view it here if you're interested: (warning it contains jumpscares....and really really bad human anatomy)

All the FBF animations for the following 3 videos were made in Moho, with the backgrounds all hand drawn in Photoshop. Everything was composited and blended in After Effects. I've really been trying my hardest to get a better grip on human anatomy, because if you watched the prior video, it just doesn't exist. Furthermore, I've been trying to integrate 3D elements into the environments. There's always room for improvement, obviously, but I figured I'd show it to you folks, because you know...Halloween and all that.

General Disclaimer: While there is no profanity, there are depictions of self mutilation (#1) and decomposing corpses (#3)

I still have to make 7 more of these. I'm pretty excited about it, but you know...it's hard.

And heck, in spirit of Halloween, Here's the last major thing I did with a channel called Corpse Husband. This one is 100% made with Moho.

Happy animating, my friends.
-Axeman Cartoons
jahnocli

Re: Couple of horror shorts

Post by jahnocli »

You've got a real talent for this kind of stuff. Yeah, you could tighten up your drawing skills (especially some more subtle facial expressions), but more accurate human anatomy isn't going to help with the impact of clips like these. In my opinion I believe that would have more to do with timing, composition and lighting effects, amongst other things -- y'know, all the classic 'film language' elements...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
chucky

Post by chucky »

I always watch your videos , there's a frenetic creepiness and you don't shy away from tricky movements and secondary motion. Great mood and tone.
If you improve those drawing skills a bit without losing the vibe these will go from good to great.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

Appreciate that. Every new project, i try something new, and regard it the same way i regard shooting a live action sequence, and as a result, i keep finding myself in new uncharted territory. Half the time, i struggle with how i'm going to pull off certain shots, and the other half is definately the drawing skills, or therein lack of, but I've been working at it pretty hard. One day i'll get there. One step at a time.