Red Dead Online Animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kooobus

Red Dead Online Animation

Post by kooobus »

Hello there, animators!

It's been a while since I uploaded something here :D
Now I am back with my latest work, prepared for Arcade Cloud channel on YT. Entire animation was made in Moho12 and I have to admit that's great tool for rigged-based movements. It's a shame that frame by frame features are lacking. Anyway I had lots of fun working on this one, and I am curious what do you think. I count on your constructive criticism and meaningful feedback.

Here it goes!

Cheers!
Lukas

Re: Red Dead Online Animation

Post by Lukas »

Great job. The style works really well.

Two simple things that wouldn't require a lot of effort to get it to a higher level:
- I think the lip-syncing would benefit from some extra mouth shapes. Quite often it misses important expressions and it feels off.
- When the sun goes doen and the night sets in, it feels like an animated version of a 'day for night' scene. The colors don't really work and it's a bit confusing.

(Also, stay away from Red Dead Online and just play the single player game, it's amazing)
kooobus

Re: Red Dead Online Animation

Post by kooobus »

Thank you Lukas!
Appreciate your comment. You are right, I got a bit lazy with mouth shapes :D Nonetheless I think it works well for most of the time.
Regarding riding sequence, I will take it under consideration. This night scenery doesn't look convincing enough. It was made with use of simple blending mode ;)

Edit:
Damn! I've just noticed Frame Order link in your footer. I'm big fan of your works :D