Music video animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jiten1997

Music video animation

Post by Jiten1997 »

I did the animation alone in Anime Studio pro, in 3 days only, along with the edeting.
Plz have a look and give me tips, how i can improve my animations..
Here is the link

https://youtu.be/zVVK23y06NU

Regards
slowtiger

Re: Music video animation

Post by slowtiger »

That's really good work, especially for only 3 days. And nice to hear Assamese, never did before!

OK, how to improve? You have solid drawing skills, although there's only front and side view of the guy. In order to show more emotions, try to do some more difficult head positions, slightly tilted, three quarter view, from the back talking over the sholder, etc.

All hand gestures stay within the silhouette now. Stretch his arms to the side for a change, and move that body as well: let him bow, crouch, etc.

You have lots of poses (the hand gestures) with no real motion between. That's a valid style, so you could keep that, but it clashes a bit with the smooth walking. (And I think the song is soft, so that doesn't really fit as well.) If you want to change that, do just 1 to 3 inbetweens between poses.

With a music video it's essential to maintain the beat. But when your character walks, it's in a completely different pace than the song. It would be really nice if he could show some dancing move - not really dancing, just moving the shoulders in the right rhythm would be enough.

Overall I think you could do a bit more storyboarding, the editing looks a bit off sometimes, and there's large areas with nothing moving - just have an animal in the back, or a bottle falling and rolling, stuff like that. Maybe something which is mentiones in the song (which I don't understand).

If you aim at a really first class slick production, see that all elements are in the same style - the painting of the room seems to be from a different artist than the sky or the guy.

But it's alread good work!
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Slowtiger makes some excellent points, especially the syncopation and the clash of art styles. For me, there were too many elements fighting with each other - the timing, the art and the hip hop lyrics seemed awkward (just based on sounds, I don't know the language). There seemed to be no thread linking the various scenes. Still, 3 days' work -- pretty good!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Jiten1997

Post by Jiten1997 »

Thank you slow tiger for the advices. I ll be maintain and improve it in my next video.

Regards
Jiten1997

Post by Jiten1997 »

Thank you Jahnocli

Regards