Monkey Diver App

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Re: Monkey Diver App

Post by jahnocli »

2 observations (I hope they're constructive):
1) Screen looks kinda crowded - I would think it would look very complicated with 8 sharks on screen
2) The island top right looks like it's floating on top of the sea. Islands are the tops of mountains. You can see the underside of the boat and the pier(?), so it looks a bit inconsistent. Tell me if I'm being pedantic! (I know it's one of my faults...)
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
DK

Post by DK »

Hi jahnocli. Thanks for the observations. unfortunately I give my art to the coder and he places it as he sees fit ( not the best way to art direct a project) but we a re a very small team of 2 :) I will pass your comments to him.

D.K
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

DK wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 am Hi jahnocli. Thanks for the observations. unfortunately I give my art to the coder and he places it as he sees fit ( not the best way to art direct a project) but we a re a very small team of 2 :) I will pass your comments to him.

D.K
The very first design looked clean and uncomplicated. Things seem to have gotten out of hand!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I agree that the first one looked more appealing.
DK

Post by DK »

Yes I agree with you both. The design difference may be a result of putting in the Parallax effect where the layers of sand have been stacked higher in frame so they move as you scroll downwards. When we put those sand layers in it darkened the whole design down and brought up the floor level. It's way different to just one screenshot as you can move from side to side as well as descend so the design of the screen is always altering. When we get a public test build up I will post here so you can see it in action. I will suggest the coder to do some cleaning up with the colours and the de cluttering on object screen placement so it's more in line with the original concept.
Thanks for the help with this guys!
Cheers
D.K
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

The colours might be the key. Thought to join in when I saw the splash screen, with the same remark.
On s.s. colours are rather muted and in the game, perhaps you could use light/er colours to depict the depth. This might not be in line with the actual physics but the depiction of depth is just the depiction.
DK

Post by DK »

Thanks Maestral.
Looking at the two images side by side there is definitely too much dark on screen in the coded version.
Your comments and suggestions are much appreciated.

Cheers
D.K
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

You're most welcome.
Keep it rolling and full sails! :)