Panda Dance

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AmigaMan

Panda Dance

Post by AmigaMan »

I created this short animation last night to test out my characters rig. I have a few more bones to set up for the ears etc.

http://www.dalemation.com/Panda.mov
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Lookin great so far. :)
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Indeed, great ruff animation. Looking forward to see the secondary animation added.
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Good stuff AmigoMan,

I look forward to see some more Panda butt-shaking :)
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Thanks for the comments everyone. A simple update - I've added follow through on the ears and eye blinks.

http://www.dalemation.com/PandaNew1.mov

It is possible to keep making changes to the character after it's been rigged? I only ask because I seem to have great difficulty changing the order of shapes lately. The 'up and down shape' icons are always shaded and the up and down keyboard arrows don't work. I resorted to copying and pasting the shape, which places it on top.
Draw_Girl

Post by Draw_Girl »

Wow nice. :D
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Great improvement!
AmigaMan wrote:It is possible to keep making changes to the character after it's been rigged? I only ask because I seem to have great difficulty changing the order of shapes lately. The 'up and down shape' icons are always shaded and the up and down keyboard arrows don't work. I resorted to copying and pasting the shape, which places it on top.
I believe you have to select a shape first with the Select Shape tool before you can move it up or down the stack of shapes on a vector layer.

If you name each shape, you'll see its name appearing in the Style window when you have selected it. You can let AS do the naming (numbering) itself by selecting through the menu Edit -> Preferences -> Options and check "Auto-name shapes and bones". You can change the name afterwards through the Styles window.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I believe you have to select a shape first with the Select Shape tool before you can move it up or down the stack of shapes on a vector layer.
Yeah, been doing that but the icons remain shaded and the up/down keys have no effect. I'm sure it's going to be me but I can't understand why yet :)
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Very nice. Nice rig, clean setup, I like it.