HAPPY LAND update

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

can't help you with pricing mikdog, but best of luck with the tender!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks guys. Met the guy, turns out it was someone I had already met a while ago. Said he could put the stuff on the channel's website and then integrate it with the broadcast channel as soon as I have the final clips (well, a few days after I give it to him). Still noticing one or two issues with some of the clips, nearly done but not quite finished yet.

So, nice to have that option open once I'm satisfied with all of these.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Put all the shorts on DVD. Still noticing some issues once its on TV. The intro gets about half a second cut off in the beginning, adding in some chill time before the music starts. Think I might extend the outro for another second.

The vectors look incredibly crisp on TV. I wonder if its almost necessary to blur the movie a little bit on purpose.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

That's very cool that you can get Happy Land on tv. :D Congrats. Are you planning to make any dvds of the shorts? (Other than the one you're holding, I mean. :D)
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Shot.

I can make you a DVD if you want? Where in the world are you?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Mikdog, are you going to offer this dvd for sale?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I haven't really thought about it. Sure, I could do this, would you want one?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Mikdog wrote:I haven't really thought about it. Sure, I could do this, would you want one?
YES! :D
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hmm nice nice. In that case sure I'll consider a DVD. In the process of rendering them out, one by one. Rendered out from AS in HD, then into iMovie to add intro and outro and sound, then rendering out a web version and a TV version for each. Slightly blurring the TV version with the PNG codec; on TV the vectors look extremely crisp and kind of 'buzz' on the screen. The blur softens this effect.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I'd also be interested in buying one. :D I don't want you to end up shipping your work out to us all all over the world for nothing. ;D

Does selling the dvds affect your ability to license out the shorts?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks, and I'm not sure how that'd affect license issues. I'm pretty new to this.

I've rendered out all the web versions and stuck them together to make one clip. Comes in @ 29:30, nearly half an hour. Its a 65 MB file, 480 x 272. 124MB for 960 x 540. May post it tomorrow on YouTube.

Mike
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hmmkay still some changes to make before I upload.
Trusty Mutsi

Post by Trusty Mutsi »

Hi everyone! I'm new here. Mikdog, I just watched the first video. WOW! Did you do everything with Anime Studio?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Trusty > hi, yes.

I tried a couple times to upload all the shorts to YouTube but my father suggested perhaps not to do that. Also not so sure about giving away the shorts to the TV station gratis as it may water down the appeal for another TV station if they'd like to buy a license to have the unique shorts.

Anyone know anything about this? They're pretty much done now after much tinkering.

Two examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSHwdeTtzhs
Last edited by Mikdog on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gleeful

Post by gleeful »

No first hand knowledge, just a gut reaction:

You have a real treasure in this series of shorts. You need to find ways to let networks, TV channels, etc. get a taste of what you have without giving away any control and without exposing the entire series to being simply copied and used without any compensation. Shop for the best deal once the interested parties start contacting you.

Hopefully some of the experienced pros on the forum will give you more specific and useful advice. I love what you do and would hate to see you get ripped off.
What if?