HAPPY LAND update

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

*link removed*

Still needs camera work and lots of fixes for this that and the next thing
Last edited by Mikdog on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

Awesome, absolutely awesome!!! Mikdog, I think you have something great started, and I think you could take very very far!!!
The best things in life are free! Salvation, being the greatest!

Visit http://www.handbookforlife.com
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Ahoy, thanks ;)
oferhod

Post by oferhod »

I love it too! Very much.
My kids (4 and 1.5) want me to play it over and over again. (they don't speek English)
I can see small poppets and merchandise of those little characters..
Great work!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

He he.

Thanks. Well, that's the general idea. Still got quite a way to go with this. That's very encouraging, thank you ;)
BunyanFilms

Post by BunyanFilms »

That's looking really great now. I love the peeved look Heavy has as his mates come over to taunt him and show how easy it is to get to happy island. :cry:
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks.

Been adjusting colours. Still have a lot to do.

*link removed*
Last edited by Mikdog on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Just caught up with this again. Wow, it's so appealing. You deserve to get a series commission with this if there's any justice :D
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Here's another update.

Getting closer. The clouds are still a bit weird.

*link removed*

Still a long way to go.

Cool,

Cheers,

Mike
Last edited by Mikdog on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

oooooh ... how I'd like to play this at a company meeting where they value teamwork so much!

It's near perfection. Some remarks, as usual?

At 0:33, there's a closeup of Float, and you see just a tip of Paper. There's another shot with Paper where there's just a glimpse of Float again. Try to avoid this, put a character aside while he's not in a shot, or put it more into the shot if there's a zoom-out later.

Shouldn't the boat with all three of them float a bit deeper in the water?

I'd prefer to keep the sun's rotating rim separated from its face, so the face could tilt, but the rotation of the rim would be a constant one. Right now it's a bit distracting when it seems to stop for a moment in a head tilt.

I think the clouds could be left as they are. There's only some distraction (but nobody would notice) when you zoom out in the beginning, and when the landscape moves to the right: there the bottom cloud seems to go backwards for a moment. I'd put a group layer with all cloud levels inside the layer with the farthest mountains, this way the clouds would never be able to go "backwards".

But as already mentioned: It's nearly perfect!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks slowtiger. That's awesome.

Yip. Still a while to go. Will definitely implement those changes. Thanks ;)

Thanks again for your advice. It helps H-U-G-E-L-Y. You've already helped me so much.

Have a super weekend.

Mike
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Mikdog wrote:Still a while to go.
No, you're nearly finished with animation. Everything is fine, now you can concentrate on the sound and music.
sour_jax

Post by sour_jax »

Once again, AWESOME!!!! Seriously, I think you have something incredible just waiting to explode! Keep it up!!!
The best things in life are free! Salvation, being the greatest!

Visit http://www.handbookforlife.com
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks.

Update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioro0HOueTw

Still got a way to go with sound and music. The animation's getting there slowly.

Anyone know where I can get a CD of hi-quality digital sound effects? Maybe there's a computer music magazine that comes with a DVD with a bunch of stuff. Found some cool stuff here:

http://www.soundrangers.com/category-re ... at_id=0062

But the conversion from dollars to South African currency works out hellishly expensive.

Ta.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Hm, 10 years ago there was the Hollywood 10 CD library of sound effects available which was not bad. I think I have a cassette copy of that, somewhere ...

I'm doing my own films for 30 years now, and although I was always hunting for sounds everywhere, I found that it worked best when I did them myself - and it's so much more fun. Imagine flipping a wet T-shirt in a pan over the bathtub to get the sound of a pancake ... or scratching the inside of a shoebox to get the sound of skiing ...

So I highly recommend that you do all the "Foley" sounds yourself - that is everything your characters do when they move. For atmospheric sounds like waves you can rely on samples from elsewhere. And the music would be something different too.

A basic knowledge about microphoning and audio recording is necessary, but it is all on a level everybody can grasp. You need a decent microphone and a room prepared for recording - I don't even have a studio but record all my sounds here im my apartment, with the running computer in the same room. It's jut a matter to set up enough thick blankets around everything to get it silent enough.

Feel free to ask anything specific.