EOF A toon about some soldiers in Iraq

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Phatthumb

EOF A toon about some soldiers in Iraq

Post by Phatthumb »

Hey this is my newest toon. Its a crazy toon about how a team of soldiers deal with Esculation of Force in Iraq. Let me know what you think. I know some of you out there are pros so let me have it. We post stuff on here to share and learn from the best, LOL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjxuxbp-e1Y
Phatthumb
Genete

Post by Genete »

That's so cool!
Although I don't understood all the conversations, the animation is good and I enjoyed watching it. I like so much the 3D combat car. I suppose it was made with rotated layers.
Good job.
-G
Arkaos

Post by Arkaos »

F-ing hilarious, dude :lol: As a vet, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Awesome.
Mark
Phatthumb

thank you

Post by Phatthumb »

Hey thank you very much guys. I'm glad you liked the toon, and thanks for telling me. Oh, Genete, yes the Humvee was made with rotated layers. Thats pretty cool that you noticed it, LOL. Thank you too Arkaos. The guys here in Iraq love it too. Thats awsome that you got to see it.
Phatthumb
areyouguystwins

Post by areyouguystwins »

Awesome! Great story, sound effects and animation.

Nice job. One of the best short animations I have seen on this forum. You have more coming, right?

I have a few "techie" questions for you:

1. How long did it take you to animate it? (drawings, audio, etc.)

2. What options did you use to export the animation out of Anime (I am assuming you used Anime Pro)? - file type, fps, compression, etc. Did you use separate options for uploading to YouTube as you would for burning to a DVD?

3. What video editor, after effects program did you use?

4. Did you export the animation out of Anime with the sound track or did you add the sound track later?

Anyway, keep on animating and writing -- you do good work.
Phatthumb

Thank you

Post by Phatthumb »

Well, Areyouguystwins,

This toon took a month to do. I did most of the orginal skecthes in a notebook. Then after I got the concept down I redrew it on Corel Painter then used that as a tracing image in AS. The audio didn't take long. I just used the Windows Sound Recorder for that. After the toon is animated I exprot it as an avi. file. I use Windows movie maker to edit and put together the movie. I usually break the toon up into sections an animate it like I was doing several individual cartoons. For the soundtrack I export the animation with the vocals on the cartoon in AS. That frees up an audio track I can use in Windows Movie Maker to add in music and sound effects. It was really fun to do and I'm glad that you enjoyed it, and yes there will be more episodes of EOF coming soon, LOL.
Phatthumb
ARTIST

Post by ARTIST »

will be waiting for the other episodes!! Hilarious!!