Actions in non-Pro AS

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Yes that is true. However I often have "connected shapes" to keep things simple. One shape shares the edge of another so I only have one set of points to worry about for both shapes. Or I will often have 2 or 3 "shapes" assigned to one vector shape.

Overall I prefer shape ordering... but the scripted solutions so far using bones aren't "perfect" yet. I'm still trying to find a way to easily reorder "teeth" shapes for my Liger character head turn. ;)

-vern
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Multi layer action ability (including layer z depth animation, very important on DF head turn technique)
However I often have "connected shapes" to keep things simple. One shape shares the edge of another so I only have one set of points to worry about for both shapes. Or I will often have 2 or 3 "shapes" assigned to one vector shape.

Overall I prefer shape ordering
I've solved this for non-Pro AS actions, and it should work for what Vern has in mind. I just duplicated the one vector layer and made them sublayers in a switch layer for my various shape ordering. So, aside from not being able to reference these actions, non-Pro users can now make and use actions!!! You have to copy the switch keys as well as the angle keys. It's a bit more work, but for actions in AS standard...
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Hi synthsin75, I think your method captures the spirit of actions, especially if all of the artwork is confined to one or two layers. However, characters built out of many layers will have you running to the feature request thread (like I did) for the ability to select, copy, paste, move, delete, or modify keyframes across multiple layers at the same time. One major benefit of real Actions is that it allows you to paste keyframes to multiple layers in one click, but your technique is a very fair compromise for standard AS users. If someone ever fulfills that "edit multiple keyframe" feature request, then this technique would kind of make real Actions obsolete.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I know. I have ASP, but I thought it might be useful to non-Pro users. I'm not so sure non-Pro users are quite that ambitious though. I just thought it was an idea worth sharing.