Real motion blur without an expensive plugin!

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

MoBlur v0.7 released. Download MoBlur

Bug fixed in alpha layers per frame.

Progress bar added.

Slight gui update to the render button. (now has an image button :roll:)

Enjoy! ;)
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

MoBlur v0.71 released.

Fixed a bug in the progress bar.

Fixed a bug to do some error checking for a temp file that I create.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

MoBlur v0.8 released.

No longer need to type in image dimensions.

Removed oversampling. That's something that can be done in a video editor.

Optimized code in a couple of areas.

Now displays percent rendered in the title bar. Which is nice if you have the window minimized.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
harrisyu

how do you rescale keyframes?

Post by harrisyu »

Hi!thank for the good tools!
But,how do you rescale keyframes?
using "rescale keyframes" in "animation" menu?
I try,but the result seems not so right.
also,I think the bone dynamic will not work correctly,doest it?
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

MoBlur is now available for Mac OS X (Intel)! Zip file contains both Windows and Mac versions. ;)

Download MoBlur
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

J. Baker wrote:MoBlur is now available for Mac OS X (Intel)! Zip file contains both Windows and Mac versions. ;)

Download MoBlur
Great news! I have one problem though, when I try to choose input folder I get an error message saying "unable to create a temporary file", what could it mean?

regards Ulrik
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

ulrik wrote:
J. Baker wrote:MoBlur is now available for Mac OS X (Intel)! Zip file contains both Windows and Mac versions. ;)

Download MoBlur
Great news! I have one problem though, when I try to choose input folder I get an error message saying "unable to create a temporary file", what could it mean?

regards Ulrik
MoBlur creates a temp file that it writes information to so it knows what it's processing. Do you have some kind of admin security or something? Sorry, I'm new to OS X.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

J. Baker wrote:
ulrik wrote:

Download MoBlur

regards Ulrik
MoBlur creates a temp file that it writes information to so it knows what it's processing. Do you have some kind of admin security or something? Sorry, I'm new to OS X.
No, I am admin on the computer, where do Moblur try to write the file? maybe in some "root" owned area? If I know where, I could check my access to the system.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

ulrik wrote:
J. Baker wrote:
ulrik wrote: Great news! I have one problem though, when I try to choose input folder I get an error message saying "unable to create a temporary file", what could it mean?

regards Ulrik
No, I am admin on the computer, where do Moblur try to write the file? maybe in some "root" owned area? If I know where, I could check my access to the system.
It's suppose to create a file called "MoBlur Temp.tmp" in the same directory as the app. But I don't see it created when I run the app. But everything still works fine here. I try to see what is going on with that.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

J. Baker wrote:
ulrik wrote:
J. Baker wrote: MoBlur creates a temp file that it writes information to so it knows what it's processing. Do you have some kind of admin security or something? Sorry, I'm new to OS X.
It's suppose to create a file called "MoBlur Temp.tmp" in the same directory as the app. But I don't see it created when I run the app. But everything still works fine here. I try to see what is going on with that.
Hmm, Mac OS X is kind of weird. Sometimes I can fine the file in Finder and sometimes I can not. But it works every time here. What version of OS X are you using?
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I'm using 10.6.7
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I tried running Moblur in terminal and then I am able to set an input folder but it crashes as soon as I start render, the terminal reports "bus error" and the Apple crashreporter says
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 2
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

That's odd as I'm using 10.6.7 as well but no issues here. Hopefully I can get a response from another Mac user sometime soon. Thanks for reporting the info. I will look into it.
Hubcube

Post by Hubcube »

I use 10.6.7 too, and I can choose an input and output folder without any problem, but after clicking Render, it freezes 2-3 seconds and crashes... :(

If you want the report, tell me.