Changing keyboard shortcuts for NON script controls

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Ryder

Changing keyboard shortcuts for NON script controls

Post by Ryder »

Hi all,

it seems to me that the space bar and ENTER keys (for run animation and deselect points) are precisely backwards.

I need to deselect points dozens if not hundreds of times per hour, and launch an animation at a much lower frequency.

I'd like to swap these functions (there is nothing more annoying than having to let go of my mouse in order to deselect points... then to find my mouse again)

Is there a way to reassign these hotkeys?

thank you!

Ryder
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

install fazeks tools if you're not already using them... clicking dead space deselects everything. fazeks tools are essential if you don't want to lose your mind.
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

funksmaname wrote:install fazeks tools if you're not already using them... clicking dead space deselects everything. fazeks tools are essential if you don't want to lose your mind.
Awesome! Now... where do I find these tools? Thank you!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

sticky on the scripting forum:
viewtopic.php?t=12334
Ryder

Post by Ryder »

funksmaname wrote:sticky on the scripting forum:
viewtopic.php?t=12334
HOLY SMOKES, these tools are amazing!

And the sad thing is... they are just basic tools!

Has anyone done any work with respect to eliminating some of the existing AS tools...

If there are experienced AS'ers out there that know which of the original tools are safe to remove... I'd love to hear how the Fazek Tools (tm) are properly implemented (mine are located in the "OTHER" tool space).

Ryder
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

'Other' is fine, there's no point removing the main ones, but you might want to reassign your shortcuts... if you open you script/tools/_tool_list.txt file, and add this at the bottom:

Code: Select all

tool	fa_add_point		A
tool	fa_translate_points	T
tool	fa_create_shape		U
tool	fa_curvature		C
and change the lm_ ones with those shortcuts to ... (you'll see what i mean when you look into that file) then fazeks tools will get selected instead of the normal ones when you hit the shortcuts.