Rigging a head model/using blends

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

Rigging a head model/using blends

Post by Poptoogi »

What's up AS forum! I made a tutorial awhile ago on how I rig a character for head movements and facial expressions. The tutorials were made right after I figured out how to use the technique. I found it difficult to find tutorials on doing this so once I *sort of* figured out how to do it I made them for myself and for anyone else that might be struggling with the same issues I was. I thought I'd post them here because sometimes finding stuff on youtube can be a mess. BE AWARE though, these videos were made by a noob and there are probably better ways of getting the same thing done! I just thought it would be good to make videos and share what I've learned as I'm learning because once you get real good at a program you tend to forget how difficult some of the things you consider easy later on. I'm hoping to make more videos for AS because I really do think it's the best animation software out today. Toon boom seems pretty cool but there is something about the AS users and the functionality of it that makes it way better to me and flash is Anyway, here are the links to what I call my head bone and blend morph tutorials. I hope they help anyone who is new to the program like I am and hopefully there will be more to come! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjf9aX9v9mA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phSB5ZJpFiI
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Nice tutorials, well done!
thanks a lot!
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Very good tutes, and not just for noobs. Really got my head in the space for rigging. Thanks dude.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Very good. Interesting point binding technique.