Quickly make an eyes fully rigged and animated!

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

Quickly make an eyes fully rigged and animated!

Post by Poptoogi »

Here are two videos I've made for anyone wanting to make and animate eyes. It basically shows the whole process I do when making eyes for characters now. The reason I use masking and bone layers is so that I can use the same eyes and on different characters by swapping the heads contained in a switch layer. The creation process is the first video which takes about 7 and a half minutes and the animation process shown in the second video is about 5 minutes of creating key frames with bones. You'll also notice I create all of the animation on one eye and then copy, paste and flip it at the end to create the other eye. After that, I use a little tweaking of the keyframes to make it look right. Let me know what you guys think......if anybody watches it that is! LOL!

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCpxISGEL00
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Axlen

Post by Axlen »

I found your technique interesting and I bookmarked this topic. Thank you for sharing.
Bifocals are both wonderful and a PITA.
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

just wanted to say this technique is awesome. I won't be using it with bones, but it can be used within eye shape switch layers as well, and layer translation for the iris pairs :) awesome!

RonC
Anime Studio, Xara Xtreme 4, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11, Papagayo, Ableton Live 8, Artrage Deluxe
shift

Post by shift »

Love this tutorial. Definitely book marking it.