Help animation in black and white

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

shift

Help animation in black and white

Post by shift »

I don't know why, but my animation is rendering black and white even though it's in color in design view. How do I remove this?
shift

Post by shift »

This is how I want it to come out.

This is how it is coming out
What do I do?
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

May be you havent realized that your shapes has a style applied? make sure to set i to none.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

All your shapes have a gradient applied to it. It doesn't show in edit mode, but you'll easily see it in the styles palette. Select all shapes (with the Q tool), then set the effect to "none".

(But it's interesting, in a weird way. Maybe somebody could use this ...)
shift

Post by shift »

It is interesting in a weird way. I was thinking of using the effect to suggest someone reflecting on the past. I just need to figure out how I did it in the first place lol. Thanks for the help guys. I haven't tried your suggestions yet, but they make sense so I'm sure they'll work. I have to go on the road now. I spent most of Today in a meeting, choreographing a fight scene for a music video and drawing a comic strip I added to my blog. No animation practice as yet. :(
shift

Post by shift »

I tried what you suggested. Still not working.
Image[/img]
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I'm pretty sure you are doing it wrong.
Use the select shape tool, select a shape, then go to style window, check that both combos in effect be "plain".
Repeat the same process with each shapes.

PD: another option is that a style is being applied to each shape. Go to style window, Style combo. If there is an undesired style there, select it and then go to the style combo, delete.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
shift

Post by shift »

That's what I did and results are still the same. I'm starting over the animation.
shift

Post by shift »

OK wait...I'm making progress. Not all of it is gone but most of it is. Going over the objects again to see what still has an effect on it.
shift

Post by shift »

Oh crap now I see what's happening. Each blade of grass is an individual object. I have to go click each one and undo the effect. Yeah, I'm starting over.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

One way round making these laborious changes in the future is to have a particle effect represent grass. Search the forum -- a number of people have done it (and there may even be a tutorial on this...)
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

My advice - don't use styles. You'll probably end up running into similar problems like this down the line. Enough to make a person despair.