Character Wizard Mods

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jonbo

Character Wizard Mods

Post by jonbo »

Although the majority of the forum are extremely disappointed with the CW (myself included), I see my options as either ignore it or play with it to try to get some use out of it. If you're one of the former, stop reading now, go check out the share your work section ( there's always interesting stuff there) and please don't post your gripes here (Mike has a thread in the general discussion section, you can do that there :) ). For those of you who fall in the latter group, I'm posting a couple of mods you can have to add to your CW. They're nothing great, but I thought I would share them. I'm posting them here as it seems that new users come here a lot and they are the ones most likely to need or use the CW. Feel free to post your own mods here so that there is a place we can find them (also let's not annoy the other forum members with multiple posts all over the forum) :wink: . The two mods i'm posting are a hand set and an eye set. I'll post others if there is an interest or I come up with something cool.

hand set:
http://www.mediafire.com/?o0dsieq4t5w0dk3

eye set:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yytmujf8qjcx1pj
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Nice work, Jonbo. Thank you very much!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Thanks Selgin, I would love to have some of your mods, when you have the time of course. I know you must be busy :) I started on an action set, not ready yet. Finished my first head mod, it's a bald head that I'm going to use as a base for others. I'll post them as I get them done. I think it's a little better than the generic head.Here's the base head.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r4wczku7mafa30k
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I have run into an odd glitch while making an action set. I needed to remove the angle constraint on the right forearm to do the action I wanted, this stayed off for all the views when I added it to the CW except for the 3/4 front view. The angle constraint for this view gets turned back on no matter what. This might be because this is the default view when you open the CW. Not a big problem as I just turn it off again for that view after I import the view. I'm posting the action, just remember to turn off the angle constraint for the right forearm bone in the 3/4 front view for the action to work right for that view. The action is a salute so you will also have to do an appropriate switch for the right hand unless you want a "benny hill" type salute. I'm also posting another head mod using my base head with a cowboy hat. Looks alright I guess :wink:

SALUTE ACTION:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y8h6rda1d4v84u4

COWBOY HEAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y4kp73yp626e5ep
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks for starting this. I've been out of the loop lately, but I hope to contribute someday.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

I'm rather surprised that with all the great talent who've made characters using this applciation, that they really couldn't come up with better elements for this character wizard.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I guess you missed the part where I asked people NOT to post their gripes here, you comment sounds a lot like a gripe to me, and if you got a problem with the CW you should post it in the general discussion under the thread titled anime studio 8 questions and answers. Mike C. (the man who made AS) started that thread and your comments would be better served there than here with us poor slobs just trying to get some use out of it. Sorry that my feeble mods don't meet your high standards, you don't have to use them.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

No, it's wasn't a gripe, merely a statement... chill...

I didn't say anythiong about your mods being feeble... try no to take everything so personal...

allow me a moment to fall all over myself, fawning at your greatnes...
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

to difuse the situation, I misread wizaerds comments initially too and it sounded like he was attacking the mods themselves - which he wasn't.

In jonbos defence though he specifically asked that discussion of the merit of the CW itself be taken elsewhere as he didn't want this thread contaminated with complaints about the wizard... which is what we're doing by continuing this conversation - so lets leave it there and let the thread get back on topic without any further delay.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Here's a new eye mod I've been working on. It uses blend morphs instead of switch layer. The advantages are: better smoother eye motions, and fewer layers being added to the character. The eyes are in a single group layer with a layer for the pupils/iris and another for the eyelids. Blend morphs were made for both layers so you can have the eyes look any direction and the eyelids set to whatever you want. With switches you would have to have a layer for each position i.e. look right normal, look right angry, look right surprised etc. The disadvantages are: both eyes are in one group so the spacing between the eyes will have to be set manually after import and blend morphs can be a little tricky to use. I should also note blend morphs only work in the pro version. Here's the mod:

http://www.mediafire.com/?vh5a6pkwm11i2dv
Last edited by jonbo on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Thank you jonbo for your contribbutions. I'd like to be able to contribute as well, but alas, I am what is referred to as "graphically challenged". If it weren't for the shift key, to constrain angles, I doubt I could even draw a straight line. I hope other talented artists will contribute their skills as well and make the character wizard an awesome tool.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

ALL contributions are welcome here wizaerd, no ones style is anymore valuable than anybodies else's. They all have merit and can provide inspiration to others. We are all more critical of our own work than others, so I'm sure anything you want to contribute would be most welcome :)
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Here are two more mods using my base head. Sure wish somebody else would post some of their mods, I'd like to see them.

AVIATOR HEAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ww574guqc7z0ozb

VIKING HEAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sy3ws162nm4kka1
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Good work on those; that aviator head gear must've taken a lot of work. :o

Here are the files (along with the exported anme file) of a work in progress: Dude WIP.
My goal here was to get the different face parts (head, eyes, nose, mouth) to work together.

This is really basic, but I'm using it as a template to expand upon.

jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Excellent Neeters. Thanks for the mod, I really like your style, the way you do the ears is SO much better looking than the ugly ones I make. :)