Reference object for scale

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ekulis

Reference object for scale

Post by ekulis »

I built a lot of little fat arrows and used them in many layers. Turns out the they all are looking too fat and distract from the actual body of the object I'm trying build.

I'd like to know:
• Is there a way to select objects and scale them all together? with an anchor point centered in each one. ( I'm not hopeful.)

• For the future, is there a way to reference a central object so that I could use its reference? Meaning that if it changed the central object, it's representation would change everywhere? (I'm working to scale so the arrows are the same absolute dimentions everywhere meaning that they can all scale around central anchor points and still look good.)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

i think the only way to resize them together is to group them and resize the group... regarding the reference, you could use multiple duplicates of the meshinstance script so each copy can be changed by the master shape - but you will lose all ability for point motion on the copies, they will be locked - but you can still use layer translations if that helps?
ekulis

Resizing fat arrows

Post by ekulis »

Thanks, funksmaname

I'll check out those meshinstance scripts. I can do without the point motions. Just looking at them a bit shows they will be real timesavers.

I'll be careful to mock something up before I propagate it everywhere.

-ed