inkscape clip-art

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rocky53204

inkscape clip-art

Post by rocky53204 »

There is some very good clip-art at http://openclipart.org/

'The Open Clipart Library is the largest collaboration community that creates, shares and remixes clipart. All clipart is released to the public domain and may be used in any project for free and with no restrictions.'

The files can be downloaded in SVG or PNG format(s).

Some can be imported into Anime Studio Pro 8.2 without problems... others with gradients arrive without color. You can use the 'tweak' tool in Inkscape to quickly change the gradients to solid colors which allows them to load ok.

Nice source of props, background items, etc.
Last edited by rocky53204 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
hothead

Post by hothead »

thanks man keep it up sharing is caring that what we do there :wink:
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

So can SVG format be imported directly now?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

yes but at present with severe limitations. see viewtopic.php?t=20722 and http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... IC_ID=1060
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Thank you! I am very much happier now. This will make my upcoming project so much easier.
jhaustin1969

Post by jhaustin1969 »

Nice resource!!

I have added this to the Anime Toolbar & Website.

Thank you!
Joe
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I have been working with importing vectors from Inkscape now for a few days. Man, it's a pain in the ass.

The SVG format just doesn't import correctly. Things get all messed up.

The Adobe Illustrator format works fairly well, but unfortunately, Inkscape will not save in AI format. I have a conversion program, ReaConverter Pro, but it saves a version that AS8 will not recognize, so I have to go to my old Freehand 8 and save in Illustrator 7 format. Freehand 8 wont read SVG files.:x

I wish AS8 had the drawing tools that most vector drawing programs had. If it did, I wouldn't need to use other programs as much. Unfortunately I have too for this project. My client's logo characters are in Illustrator format. They're silhouettes, so I have to separate arms and legs.
clipart125

Re: inkscape clip-art

Post by clipart125 »

I am also a professional artist..Art is my passion and i have a great collection of clip art also .You can see this here ! http://clipartdeck.com/.
You can easily download clipart easily.These are one of my best art work !

Thanks !