how can i select all the bones at once?

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Paul_Whackala

how can i select all the bones at once?

Post by Paul_Whackala »

Hey,
Im new to Anime studio pro and i want to create a key fram for all the bones of my character in one go? Is their a simple way to do it?, so im not constantly selecting all the bones one by one?

Thanks
Paul :?:
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Try the freeze pose option, ctr+F. you need to have the bone layer selected in the layer palette and be on a frame other than zero.
Paul_Whackala

Post by Paul_Whackala »

I just tried that but it didn't create a key frame?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Do you have the bone layer selected? Are you on frame 1 or higher? You can also access this option through the bone sub-menu at the top.
Acesonnall

Post by Acesonnall »

It seems to me that you want to move the entire character itself without the bones leaving the character. 2 ways to do this. I personally bind the bones then use the translate points tool to move my character, but you could also just use the translate layer tool.
~Ace

Want to see my other (older, but still cool/funny) animations? Click the picture below!
Paul_Whackala

Post by Paul_Whackala »

Thanks for getting back to me,
I dont think im explaining myself very well so ill try again.
Im animating a character, Pose to pose, and their are pauses at each pose. I noticed that when i was at my fifth pose and played it back certain limbs were constantly moving? i have to go back to each pose and put a key on every bone to stop the movement.

So i was wondering if their was a way to select all the bones at once and make keyframes for the lot of them?

I tried the ctr+F that jonbo suggested. i was on frame 78 had the bone layer selected but no key was made?
also im using pro 8

thanks for the help and the swift replys as well
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

select bone layer, select bone tool (B), press cmd-a to select all bones, modify selection with shift-clik, select bone rotate tool (R), click anywhere: all bones are keyed-.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Here watch this it might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrJEA-4LvcM
Paul_Whackala

Post by Paul_Whackala »

Thanks a million gentlemen, works perfectly. im half way home.

Paul :lol: