Help converting .ANME file from Version 7.0 to 5.5

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

LDEJRuff

Help converting .ANME file from Version 7.0 to 5.5

Post by LDEJRuff »

I have Anime Studio version 5, and I have recently downloaded some character puppets created with version 7. Well, I tried replacing the following code:

Code: Select all

application/x-vnd.lm_mohodoc
version 25
### Created in Moho version 7.0, © 1999-2010 Smith Micro Software, Inc.
with this code:

application/x-vnd.lm_mohodoc
version 14
### Created in Moho version 5.5, © 1999-2008 Smith Micro Software, Inc.
and deleting every instance of

layer_ordering
[
	keys x
		x x x.x x.x ""
]
with Notepad on one file, but when I try to open it on Anime Studio, it gives me the same error:
Could not open file.
Error details:
Bad file header: application/x-vnd.lm_mohodoc
Is there a fix for this so that the file can be opened on Version 5? Help is appreciated, thanks.
heyvern

Re: Help converting .ANME file from Version 7.0 to 5.5

Post by heyvern »

There are many additional changes to the file formats from v5 to v7, not just layer order. Depending on the complexity of the file and the number of layers this could be very challenging to edit by hand with a text editor. If you are set on doing this by hand you will need to compare the two file formats looking at layer properties and additional keys. I get sleepy just thinking about trying to do this by hand. I spent quite a bit of time studying the file format to create a file version converter. It can be done "by hand" but it is tricky and almost not worth the effort involved.

I would just suggest upgrading. If upgrading is a cost issue then I don't know what else to say except to keep trying the hand conversion but look at all elements of the file format for potential differences. It's going to be very hard to find all of the parts that need removing and also if you make even the smallest, tiny mistake the file won't open.

-vern
F.M.

Re: Help converting .ANME file from Version 7.0 to 5.5

Post by F.M. »

This website is selling AS 7 debut and Pro for a reasonable price. http://www.purplus.net/cad3d.html
"and then Man created god!"