Is this even possible? :(

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TheMinahBird

Is this even possible? :(

Post by TheMinahBird »

I can't work with Flash it's just so annoying and the brushes aren't raster.

I want to do my character animation in Anime Studio but I can't just rely on jut vectors, I'm 14 and I don't have the money to buy most raster programs I see.

I also I don't wanna get settled with a trial, I want a free program I can depend on.

I need a program where I can used pixels/raster tools, like Photoshop. I also need it to be able to import .avi or video formats to draw on, like in Anime Studio.

I'm pretty sure this is just a "dream program" because I doubt there's any program out there that's this powerful—and free.
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
funksmaname

Re: Is this even possible? :(

Post by funksmaname »

Anime studio works well with images too... you can use free GIMP as a photoshop replacement.
All vector work should be done in AS directly, as this means you get the least points making everything far easier to animate.

You can import sounds and video into AS - the only thing it doesn't let you do is draw raster inside the package.
Genete

Post by Genete »

TheMinahBird wrote:I can't work with Flash it's just so annoying and the brushes aren't raster.

I want to do my character animation in Anime Studio but I can't just rely on jut vectors, I'm 14 and I don't have the money to buy most raster programs I see.

I also I don't wanna get settled with a trial, I want a free program I can depend on.

I need a program where I can used pixels/raster tools, like Photoshop. I also need it to be able to import .avi or video formats to draw on, like in Anime Studio.

I'm pretty sure this is just a "dream program" because I doubt there's any program out there that's this powerful—and free.
Synfig Studio is working to include frame by frame animation (bitmaps). Not ready yet but under heavy development.

-G
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

@TheMinahBird: not sure if this would answer your need for "raster" brushes, but you can have custom brushes in AS - these are bitmaps that are propagated along the path, rather than just the default "pencil stroke". This video runs fast, but if you freeze it at time = 0:02 you'll see the herringbone pattern on the stroke - this is a custom brush. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... U9lv3A#t=2 . If that's what you want, just say and I'll explain how to make a custom brush...

In AS you can import video and images and then overlay with AS vectors - in effect letting you draw on them. I've done a bit with mixed live and animated action - e.g. here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwzmQMD5Q2I Again, if that's what you want and if you want a short "how to", just ask.
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

"and then Man created god!"
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

Pencil isn't powerful enough, I've tried to import .avi into it but it doesn't work. I wish there was a program similar to Anime Studio that you can import video and animate over it. I tried this in Flash and hated it. :(
"Now hatred is by far the longest pleasure; men love in haste but they detest at leisure" - Lord Byron
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

TVPaint.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

I honestly would love TV Paint but I don't have the money! Unless there's a free version I wasn't aware of.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

You could try PD Pro. It's not free but not very expensive considering the features. You can definitely load video and paint over it.

http://www.thebest3d.com/howler/the-dog ... -list.html

Here is video having post effects added in PD Pro....

TheMinahBird

Post by TheMinahBird »

It is fairly cheap, however I can't really buy it considering I have no money at all, or an allowance of any sort.

Thank you everyone!