Something cool with 3D

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

Something cool with 3D

Post by eric1223 »

I was playing around with the vector to 3d settings, and I wondered what kind of effects I could get with it aside from the toon shading and types. So then I went to shape effects (the one where you have to press q to select shapes) and started messing with those. None of those effects seemed worke except the image texture effect. The texture would wrap around the 3D shape, but only in tile form. Also, your shading for your 3d shape still works too.

The only draw back to this is trying to remove the texture, or trying to replace it. The only way i know how to get rid of the texture for sure is to disable the 3d option while there is nothing in the shape effect.

Err...here is the result of what I was talking about. Its the one on the bottom left (obviously :) )

Originally, I was comparing ASP 3d features to a 3D .obj file, and trying to see if i can get them to look really similar, but then I stumbled onto something really cool. It may be an old thing that everyone knows already, but its new to me =).