How to make Grass blowing in the wind!

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

How to make Grass blowing in the wind!

Post by Poptoogi »

Yes, I'm on a particle tutorial bender lately but HEY! Why not? It's one of the coolest tools in Anime Studio so why not show off it's many uses right? Well this is something that I though a lot of people making animations might want to use as it is very subtle but can still ad a lot of life to a static scene. You could use this technique for a lot of other things like crop fields on a farm, flowers, random swinging chains, tree branches, spiderwebs ect..... There really are a ton of uses I can think of when using a few bones and some varied shaking. For this, I used a few bones, a 3 keyframes set to random movement and a particle layer to create a small field of grass. If you've used these tools before it is really simple and if not, watch the video and if you have questions just ask!

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
DK

Re: How to make Grass blowing in the wind!

Post by DK »

Thanks for the tutorial guyver93. It should be possible to use the same technique to create a water surface effect.

Cheers
D.K
Rubendg

Post by Rubendg »

Great tutorial, thanks!
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Cool!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

NIce! Very useful. You should put a link to this and your other videos in your sticky thread.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Would you create a tutorial for a water surface effect, like you might see on a swimming pool?
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

Hoptoad wrote:Would you create a tutorial for a water surface effect, like you might see on a swimming pool?
I'll give it a go Hoptoad! I haven't done a water effect before so we'll see!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Cool! Thanks :D

EDIT: Good luck!
Last edited by Hoptoad on Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.