drawing space

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

puzzles shum

drawing space

Post by puzzles shum »

I have 12 student version and i have a square of space to draw in, can you make that bigger
dkwroot

Re: drawing space

Post by dkwroot »

Go to file>project settings and change the dimensions of the project.
puzzles shum

Post by puzzles shum »

for some reason their a limit on how big you can make it . its not that big of space
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Hit `/~, below esc key on English keyboards.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

puzzles shum wrote:for some reason their a limit on how big you can make it . its not that big of space
AFAIK, the 'student' version should be the same as the full version--students should get a bigger discount (40%) not a different 'limited' version. It sounds like the software may be stuck in 'demo' mode for you. I don't know exactly what the limitations are for 'demo' mode but size may be one of them.

Have you entered your code since installing the software? If not, the trial period may have expired, and you'll need to enter your code to unlock it again.

If you have entered your code since installation and it doesn't work, I would check with Smith-Micro to make sure the key is correct.

Hope you get it working.
puzzles shum

Post by puzzles shum »

thanks for the help, i bought the student version , iam not using the demo
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah. I just checked the website: the demo apparently doesn't limit size anyway, it limits export formats. Size shouldn't be affected unless they forgot to mention it.

It sounds like something may have gone wrong with your install then. As mentioned earlier, 'Project Settings...' should allow you to change the size of the project.

Or are you talking about the size of the Workspace itself? If so, you can resize it by dragging the horizontal edges between the Workspace and the Timeline and the vertical edges between the Workspace and the Layers panel.

Hopefully, it's the latter...that's easier to fix. :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Another consideration: By default, the Layers panel can be wider than necessary and take up too much screen real estate but you can reduce the width by hiding some columns. To do that, right-click on the column header; a list of column names will appear and from here you can enable or disable the visibility of the columns.

I usually disable Quick Settings, Kind, Comments and Tags unless I really need to see those. You can probably safely hide Label and Timeline Visibility too, depending on your needs. You can also enable/disable these globally from Preferences.

If your screen size is small, this should free up quite a bit more space for the Workspace.

While you're in Preferences, you might also disable Auto-size Name Column. This will keep it from automatically widening the panel, which can be annoying if you need as much Workspace as possible.

Alternatively, use syntsin75's suggestion. This maximizes your Workspace by hiding all the tools and panels.
obtusity

Post by obtusity »

If it is the 12 Debut version, it has an export limit of 900x900 pixels, according to page 12 of this document: http://my.smithmicro.com/docs/moho/Moho ... onList.pdf

Both Debut and Pro versions are available at (reduced) student prices: http://my.smithmicro.com/smith-micro-ed ... store.html