render window - closing

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

superon

render window - closing

Post by superon »

i'm working with masking a lot, so find myself creating sometimes thousands of renders during working on a project, i find that i'm having to close these windows all the time and as there are often a lot of them the quickest way i've found so far is to close and reopen moho... surely there's a better way, that's what i'm asking here, is there a better way? like a shortcut -close all render windows or something..
also whilst i'm mentioning the render window, i'm running this on mac an every time i render a frame i get the alert sound feedback, is there a way to disable this? it's making me slowly insaner
Greenlaw

Re: render window - closing

Post by Greenlaw »

This isn't exactly a 'close all render windows' solution but I discovered a trick today that might make this easier for you:

Select the top most render preview window and press Esc. This should close that window. If you press Esc repeatedly, it will eventually close all the remaining windows.

To me, this seems a lot faster than clicking on each close box for every open render preview window.
superon

Post by superon »

Greenlaw wrote:This isn't exactly a 'close all render windows' solution but I discovered a trick today that might make this easier for you:

Select the top most render preview window and press Esc. This should close that window. If you press Esc repeatedly, it will eventually close all the remaining windows.

To me, this seems a lot faster than clicking on each close box for every open render preview window.
thanks, i use mac so currently i'm hitting command+W repeatedly, or ofc quit moho and reopen (still quickest)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ok. BTW, yeah, I agree there should be a better way to manage render previews.

I kinda wish Moho used a single window that also allowed you to do A/B comparisons for two selected images, maybe a wipe too. Some compositing and 3D animation packages I use have this. There is also the option to purge renders no longer needed from the buffer. It would be great to see this in a future version of Moho.

Re: audio, you might have discovered this by now but there is a check box under Preferences Tools for Enable Audio Feedback. Mine is disabled so I don't hear any sounds other than the track audio I've imported.