Why are there extra lines in Jose'?

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

strider2000

Why are there extra lines in Jose'?

Post by strider2000 »

Can anyone tell me why there are extra lines in some of the Moho characters? In particular I'm interested in Jose' (sorry I don't know how to add the accent).

I've attached some pictures. I'm interested in the lines that have the endpoints in red.
Image Image

I understand why the points are there, but not the line between them. The shapes are so simple, that I can't imagine that there's any problem with the fill tool. My current guess is that they might have been drawn in another program and imported and maybe that tool automatically subdivides regions.

I'm mainly asking, because I'm wondering if there is some trick or help from the line that I'm missing (ie is there some animation or construction action that is easier to do if you have the line there?)

Thanks for any help!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Why are there extra lines in Jose'?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

There are actually two shapes there. That line is the division between them and the stroke of that portion is hidden.
I like to do that avoid overlapping issues.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
strider2000

Re: Why are there extra lines in Jose'?

Post by strider2000 »

Thanks Victor. I didn't realize that could happen, so I played around a bit and see the issue. That was helpful information so I made a little video. Thanks for the input.