image texture problem

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ahzra

image texture problem

Post by ahzra »

i have used the image texture in moho to fill the color of the cloth , but as you see it has some jitter when moving
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAhaMebnh80
Greenlaw

Re: image texture problem

Post by Greenlaw »

Some thoughts:

Just to be sure, this is in Moho 12 Pro and not ASP, correct? I ran into a similar problem at work a few years ago using Image Texture in ASP, but that problem was fixed in Moho 12. (Or maybe ASP 11...I'm not exactly sure when the fix was made.) Hopefully, this bug hasn't returned...I'll try to check it this weekend.

It might possibly be an AA quality problem. If it's an AA issue, be sure to enable Extra Smooth Images in the render options. This feature internally scales the render 2X during rendering and then scales it back down to the target size to improve the AA quality. Note that this option may increase rendering times to 4x. (Fortunately, Moho renders pretty quickly most of the time.)

Could it possibly be a bone strength problem? Experiment with increasing or decreasing the bone strength in the torso bones. If you're not already using Use Selected Bones For Flexi-binding in the torso, maybe you should; that should prevent any other bones in the rig from affecting the texture.

The only other thing I can think of is mesh quality. Image Texture uses an internally generated mesh and you have no control over how that mesh is plotted. If that's what's causing the problem, you might consider using a custom mesh and Smart Mesh warping.

Hope this helps.

Nice design btw. :)
ahzra

Re: image texture problem

Post by ahzra »

Greenlaw wrote:Some thoughts:

Just to be sure, this is in Moho 12 Pro and not ASP, correct? I ran into a similar problem at work a few years ago using Image Texture in ASP, but that problem was fixed in Moho 12. (Or maybe ASP 11...I'm not exactly sure when the fix was made.) Hopefully, this bug hasn't returned...I'll try to check it this weekend.

It might possibly be an AA quality problem. If it's an AA issue, be sure to enable Extra Smooth Images in the render options. This feature internally scales the render 2X during rendering and then scales it back down to the target size to improve the AA quality. Note that this option may increase rendering times to 4x. (Fortunately, Moho renders pretty quickly most of the time.)

Could it possibly be a bone strength problem? Experiment with increasing or decreasing the bone strength in the torso bones. If you're not already using Use Selected Bones For Flexi-binding in the torso, maybe you should; that should prevent any other bones in the rig from affecting the texture.

The only other thing I can think of is mesh quality. Image Texture uses an internally generated mesh and you have no control over how that mesh is plotted. If that's what's causing the problem, you might consider using a custom mesh and Smart Mesh warping.

Hope this helps.

Nice design btw. :)
thank you very much for your great help , i will try to check what you say , regards :)