Tail behind character (front view)

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TrikiNya

Tail behind character (front view)

Post by TrikiNya »

The tail is behind a big square-ish character at the bottom of the character. How do I make the tail look fine without the Bezier handles acting funny?
nya
Greenlaw

Re: Tail behind character (front view)

Post by Greenlaw »

TrikiNya wrote:The tail is behind a big square-ish character at the bottom of the character. How do I make the tail look fine without the Bezier handles acting funny?
Bezier points are good for drawing precise shapes with fewer points but not so much for deforming shapes. TBH, there's no advantage in using bezier points for items you intend to bend, like a tail. You may save a few points but it will be difficult to animate.

IMO, your shape will be easier to animate if you reset the existing points and move/add points to the appropriate positions along the curve for optimal deforming. To change the curvature of any points, use the Curvature tool instead of bezier handles. (Tip: hide the Bezier Handles so you don't accidentally convert regular points to bezier.)

Regular points may also be easier to bind.

FYI, I like using Bezier points for static items, like hard props or character parts that will be Layer Binded to bones and not deformed. For animated character parts, regular points work much better.