Auto Scripted 3D rig. Files and Video Tutorial

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Genete

Post by Genete »

Don't worry about use "mess up" expression. In fact I feel sometimes the script fails. I have done acidentally two shapes for the same group of points and the script gets crazy. It doesn't crash but make weird things.

I really need all your (all of you) feed back and yours is totally welcome.

Two recommendations:
1) Watch the last tutorial if you didn't. Read carefully all the comments. There are some tricks there.
2) Use the option of reduce the .pt bones sizes based on the initial window option of the ge_3D rig_front script. Increase the integer value and obtain smalled bones. It would let you select them easily and work with its positions.

One question (I don't have access to your sample anme file now). To move the mouth, did you use point motion or bone motion? If you used point motion the shapes would not be sorted properly. You need to use bone motion (.Rx for it X and .Ry for its Y and Z)

Last one, did you notice a big reduction of performance with your sample file? I mean rotate the model is a pain and the computer works 100% only for AS. If not, please let me know your computer specifications because I feel mine is a little obsolete (AMD Athlon XP 2000+). Both scripts working at the same time is a pain to the computer... Almost for mine. :wink:

-G
Neoranma

Post by Neoranma »

First off Ahh new tutorial! yes, I found one really BIG big hint in it. Definatly worth the watch.

Second. I noticed the Zsortlayers.zip file on contains 3Dgrid10.lua
But you still have 3Dgrid9.lua in the 3Drig_utils_v9.zip file directly above it.

My computer specs: AMD Athlon XP 3200. 1 gig ram

I am updating my computer at work. So I will be sure to let you know how an Intel dual core performs.

I did notice some lagging when I try to manipulate bones. Not to bad though.

To move the mouth I did use bone motion. I think with the latest update to the script and being able to control bone sizes will help. It was kind of tricky to pick the correct bones.

Another of yesterdays attempts
wasn't very good, so no file, figured I'd throw it in here anyways.
Genete

Post by Genete »

I still having 3Dgrid9.lua due to I have not done a tutorial for the new script (version 10). Also I have not seen the people so much excited with the new improvement. If you find it useful use it taking your proper care of save files always. Its use is explained in the post and there is not new feature beyond the layer order. In fact it is not useful to use it in conjunction with the feature of the .pt bones over a mesh. If you use both features at the same time a very weird thing would happen... Just experiment.

Regarding to picking bones please use heyvern's select bone replacement tool. It is sticky at Scripting area. It works like a charm. :wink: specially wehn number of bones have three digits.
-G
AMIN

3D WONDERFUL RIG

Post by AMIN »

DEAR GENETE

i'm very happy to find this post(3d rig) and i practiced your special script( that's really wonderfull)
creat simple 3d shape .....but i have a problem with 3d flower ...
i 'm looking forward to see your tuterial ...i thing u said release it on augest :D .......
best wishesh
Genete

Post by Genete »

I recommend to watch the last videotutorials I have in my webpage (in my signature). It shows how I made a 3D cube.

I don't plan to make more new video or text tutorials. It is very time consumming and I don't have so much free time now.
If you have any particular problem I'll be glad to help you. Please be more explicit on the problem description and paste the sample file. Also don't forget to mention which version of the scripts are you using.

Meanwhile have a look to an advanced user of this scripts:

viewtopic.php?t=11276

-G
ranmori

Post by ranmori »

simulation credit auto
:D
Genete wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=11276
Never have in my like known such a good link reagrading this topic.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Awe shucks. :oops:
manola

Post by manola »

I dont like using the same credit card each month. Just send me an invoice and i'll go online and pay it before the 5th.
sonnerie portable gratuite
tpott05

Post by tpott05 »

its been 3 years since u released it are all the bugs fixed will it continue to crash
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

It works fine.
Great in fact.

It's a bit tricky to work out, but there is a heap of info about it on the forum. I found I was trying to be a bit too tricky for my own good - as long as you don't try to go for mind-numbing detail, you'll be fine.
kpanime

Almost had it! :(

Post by kpanime »

AS 6 crashed! boohoo! :cry:
nbryant

Re: 3D WONDERFUL RIG

Post by nbryant »

AMIN wrote:DEAR GENETE

i'm very happy to find this post(3d rig) and i practiced your special script( that's really wonderfull)
creat simple 3d shape .....but i have a problem with 3d flower ...
i 'm looking forward to see your tuterial ...i thing u said release it on augest :D .......
best wishesh
I also want to design 3d flowers but the last time I tried it I failed miserable. I guess I also need a tutorial. I would love to have a wonderful 3d flower because flowers are so fantastic. I also love flowers on the internet and due to this I also want my own 3d flower.