New series made with AS 5

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DanFromFaction

New series made with AS 5

Post by DanFromFaction »

Hi all,

I haven't made the upgrade to AS 7 yet, but I'm REALLY looking forward to it!
In the meantime, check out this series I made. New episodes every Monday (you can "like" it on facebook for updates). We're on our 6th week now (click "prev" to see earlier eps).

http://fletchercomics.com/week6.html

I used Papagayo to make the .dat files for my Switch mouths (iterpolated layers, as you can probably tell). The movement is all bones.

Enjoy!
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Nice.
How many mouth positions did you make for each character?
I think if you make more it can looks better.
Also get rid of the ssss in the background of the audio, its a little annoying.
DanFromFaction

Post by DanFromFaction »

I only used the basic "sound" shapes and a couple others (smile, laugh, frown).

I think for my next major project I'll use multi-layered mouths; like darkness and tongue on bottom, then teeth, then lips. This one I use now is just one shape pressed together.
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Not bad. The design is nice, interesting, I would see what you can do having more time, one week will obviously force you to work very fast...
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Gave me a chuckle or two - keep going with it!
~Danimal
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

Might wanna switch to blip.tv and embed that on your site just for nicer quality and bigger player.
DanFromFaction

Post by DanFromFaction »

Yeah, blip.tv is a great service; one of those things you think has to be too good to be true, but it's not. It's completely legit.

I go YouTube cause I get the revenue sharing. Crass, crude, I know, but there it is.
Steverino

Post by Steverino »

These are very amusing! The multi-layer mouths will be a good addition, so you can anchor those jumpy front teeth to the skull.

I've heard that YouTube ads pay practically nothing, and they're annoying. It may be in your long-term best interests to skip the advertising while trying to build a fan base.
DanFromFaction

Post by DanFromFaction »

That's definitely something to think about.
DanFromFaction

Post by DanFromFaction »

Danimal wrote:Gave me a chuckle or two - keep going with it!
Thanks! Glad you liked it!
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

I like the voices a lot (is that all you?). They really keep me interested. You have a really good drawing style and the characters animate well. Could do a little bit more in the realm of facial expressions and gestures to bring them a little more to life. Keep it up!
~neph
DanFromFaction

Post by DanFromFaction »

Nephilim wrote:I like the voices a lot (is that all you?). They really keep me interested. You have a really good drawing style and the characters animate well. Could do a little bit more in the realm of facial expressions and gestures to bring them a little more to life. Keep it up!
Thank you!!

Yeah, the voices, writing, and animating are all me.

I'm still learning how to get the most "bang for my buck" out of emoting these characters. Hopefully you'll see a big improvement (over time; not right away!).
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

Whatever happened to your other series? That seemed like it was going really well.
DanFromFaction

Post by DanFromFaction »

aleXean wrote:Whatever happened to your other series? That seemed like it was going really well.
The team we had doing the writing/acting couldn't keep together (day jobs and everything).