how do I blend two shapes of the same color?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Vagabond

how do I blend two shapes of the same color?

Post by Vagabond »

When I make character heads I make a bottom hair shape then the head layer on top and then a hair shape on top of the head. Eventhough there is no stroke on the top hair shape I still see a halo around the shape.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Fantastic realistic work vagabond, i was thinking in doing something like that in these days but it havent been possible, im just seeing everything blurry righnow, my eyes need to rest i will be away from my computer for a few days.
This is an inspiring work, Keep it up!
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Im seeing the head and hear rightnow and i dont see the problem.
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

PARKER wrote:Fantastic realistic work vagabond, i was thinking in doing something like that in these days but it havent been possible, im just seeing everything blurry righnow, my eyes need to rest i will be away from my computer for a few days.
This is an inspiring work, Keep it up!
Thanks Parker. I'm glad you think it's inspiring. AS is a great program and it's fun to see what it can do. I try to practice something on AS everyday.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Vagabond wrote: I try to practice something on AS everyday.
Good, practice make the master.
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

OK. I looked at this picture at work and at home and I see the outline on both screens. It was less noticeable at work but my co-worker was able to point it out so I know I'm not imagining it. Does anyone else run into this problem?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

maybe your problem is related to this thread
viewtopic.php?t=18221
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

selgin wrote:maybe your problem is related to this thread
viewtopic.php?t=18221
That's exactly it!! I don't know how I missed this. Well, I didn't use any of those words in my search. Instead of edge I searched the word "stroke". But anyway thanks for the link. I'll check out that technique as soon as possible.
adam_r

Post by adam_r »

Vagabond wrote:
selgin wrote:maybe your problem is related to this thread
viewtopic.php?t=18221
That's exactly it!! I don't know how I missed this. Well, I didn't use any of those words in my search. Instead of edge I searched the word "stroke". But anyway thanks for the link. I'll check out that technique as soon as possible.
How's the technique working for you? I am still having heaps of trouble overcoming it...
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

adam_r wrote:How's the technique working for you? I am still having heaps of trouble overcoming it...
Honestly, Many of my friends say they don't even notice it when the character is moving. But, I still see it in my CTRL+R renders. I thought it was an anti aliasing problem and tried rendering one frame as a jpeg with CTRL+E. But there's no anti-alias box to check or uncheck. But the outline vanished anyway! :) I was happy til I opened the picture at work & saw the outline still there. :( Now I'm thinking it has to do with the type of monitor I'm using.
I guess making a DVD and watching it on TV would determine how serious/noticeable this actually is. I hope I don't have to render out image sequences so I can fix each frame. :shock: