Backgrounds??

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

Backgrounds??

Post by Poptoogi »

What's up AS forum! I've been working on a couple of games with a friend and I've been making a few backgrounds in photoshop. He thought I could make some extra money to help make the game by selling artwork on content paradise or through the game site development form we use. I wanted to get your guys opinion on my artwork and let me know if it's something you think people would buy. These examples wouldn't be for sale as they are for my friends game and that's also why they are in such a small resolution but you can get an idea of my style. The youtube video is just a quick animation I made today to put on top of the background so its not that good but you can at least see the background in use! Let me know what you think!!!!

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVkkuN2T5nI
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

nice-

i like the one with the moon and the road- it reminds me of nevada

i'm too lazy to make bkgrnds so i just use a sandbox video game- makes better bkgnds than I ever could
OMG make it stop!
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

I like your style.
I like the last 3 ones, simple desing but pleasant to the eye, good job.
Poptoogi

Thanks!

Post by Poptoogi »

Thanks Parker,

Those are my favorites too. They are also the last ones I did so I think I'm getting a little better at making them. I didn't realize how hard it could be to make simple backgrounds look right. They need to be simple for the game or animation so they don't distract from the action that's going on in the for front but still look interesting. It's fun making them though. I've only made planet scapes so far though. Don't know how well I'll do with other subjects. :)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Keep practicing and you will see how some day you will become a great BG artist :)
I hope to see more of your works soon.
DanFromFaction

Post by DanFromFaction »

Love em! Great colorization!!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Simple and nice, thanks for sharing.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

Wow. Simply engaging. I like planetscapes too. They let me be my most creative. You have big balls in the sky. I'd like to see you change that up a little. You have good color variety.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

The animation is good as well and also i wanted to remember you that you can do these BGs very easily in AS, specially this style.
Poptoogi

Photoshop

Post by Poptoogi »

Thanks for the advice Parker but I have to stick with photoshop when it comes to making backgrounds for me! I'm a graphic artist and I've been using photoshop for so many years that it wouldn't be productive for me to use AS to make backgrounds. I can make a background 10 times faster in photoshop but animation and character building...Anime Studio are the best! I love them both equally. The backgrounds I created are vector based and can be manipulated just as easily as they can in AS so it's really not that bad! :)
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

I see, in your case may be the best is to stick with PS.
I would like to learn the software someday when i have time, its really awesome what you can do with it.

Also i invite you to check the BGs i have done in AS:

http://www.coroflot.com/parkerx87/backg ... rds=parker.&