Lowrestv

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jaakay

Post by jaakay »

I sent Vern a message on his YouTube account last night. Lets see if he responds.

This is getting so embarrassing!!!!! :(
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I hope he responds also. I hate to think your right. But I also hope I'm wrong.

If your correct, the only right thing to do is have PayPal(?) return all the money. (Hey, after 4or 5 complaints they should be just as responsible as Vern.) Will that happen? Who knows. But at least get him or someone to shut down the money part.

Dale
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Please Note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have reported this issue to PayPal today. I had put it off for a while in the hope that Vern would have made contact, based on the fact that people on the forum had said Vern was of good character. It really does not look like it to me, from where I am standing. He has made no contact with me. I have tried private messaging here on the forum, on his YouTube account and also the email address that PayPal hold for him and I've heard nothing.

I put in a dispute today and then called paypal to discuss the matter, only to find out that because it is an internet service, and you don't actually receive a tangible product, that I am not covered to receive a refund from PayPal if Vern refuses to send back my money. Well, this was a lesson! I don't think I will ever buy subscriptions to any website again.

This is disgraceful behaviour, and it seems to me that Vern is aware that his customers will not get refunded by PayPal as it is not covered for this type of service and that is why he hasn't taken the site down or disable to the Buy Now buttons.

Paypal have told me to tell anyone on the forum that has experienced this to contact them, as the more people that complain the better.

I gave Vern the benefit of the doubt and now I am so disappointed!!!!!! :(
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Another good reason to avoid using PayPal as much as possible. I used to use it a lot til I found out they are less then responsive when it comes to handling disputes. After my last credit card was cancelled I never updated my PayPal account.

Bottom line is stay away from PayPal!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I must say that all this stuff with lowrestv surprises me. Vern has always been a stand-up guy in the past. Maybe he's ill or something?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

jaakay wrote:...only to find out that because it is an internet service, and you don't actually receive a tangible product, that I am not covered to receive a refund from PayPal...(
LOL and paypal is what if not an "internet-service"?
Unfortunately paypal really sucks at disputes. It works when it works but when you have the slightest problem, they let you alone with it.
Still hoping that things in this issue will come to a good end.
Brooke

yeah to the above

Post by Brooke »

Thats my point exactly Diana.
I sent off a letter of complaint the other day - this is only a partial extract

5. The whole concept of the internet is non tangible. If my internet host provider decides to rescind on their agreement with myself and all of their customers this is legit? If I pay a company like itunes or an online movie company to watch or listen to music online - am I also not covered? If I pay for an online university/college course -what then? Also why tell potential users that we are safe to use you online – when the internet is ‘non-tangible’ surely this is a contradiction in itself? Didn’t my recorded transaction make it tangible?............................

This is an area that is highly susceptible to abuse, especially in the era of digitised products, and surely a product is non tangible until you receive it, are your purchasers not buying from websites that are non tangible? My whole account with Paypal could be deemed as non tangible

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad I am not the only one who sees how absurd their explanation is :)
Brooke
InfoCentral

click and regret

Post by InfoCentral »

Didn't Google purchase PayPal?
Last edited by InfoCentral on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lightman

Vern's business website

Post by Lightman »

Jaakay! Try to locate Vern here http://www.hubumedia.com/vern-zehr.
Lightman
DK

Post by DK »

Mind if I ask just how much money we are talking about to subscribe to his site?

Cheers
D.K
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

DK wrote:Mind if I ask just how much money we are talking about to subscribe to his site?

Cheers
D.K
It varies from $7 -$4 a month depending on how many months you purchase when subscribing.
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Info.
Forgive me I'm not trying to attack or defend anyone just wondering what exactly is happening.

Is the lowrestv subscription something that can be cancelled?

If people purchased a monthly block would they purchase another block if there were no new tutorials being added?

From what I have seen there are a few tutorials on the site just no new ones being added is that right?

D.K
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Hi Lightman,

Thank you for the link to Vern. I have sent him a message and we'll see if he responds.

Jaakay
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

DK wrote:From what I have seen there are a few tutorials on the site just no new ones being added is that right?
Not sure as I have never subscribed. I know he said in another thread that he was going to make it right with subscribers by either refunding their money (which he couldn't afford to do) or give them some assets he created. Not sure whatever become of that offer and if anyone actually got anything but if I remember correctly that is about the time he went off the grid and hasn't returned.
jaakay

Post by jaakay »

Hi All,

Just to update you...

Thank you Lightman for the link to Verns work website. I emailed him there, but he didn't respond.

This afternoon I escalated my claim with PayPal and a couple of hours later they refunded my money.

I have to say I am really disappointed that things have turned out this way. I was hoping that Vern would have sorted this himself. I emailed him here on the forum privately, the email address that PayPal hold for him, his work website and his YouTube account and he didn't respond once.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.