Poser Pro 2012!!

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Joelsquare

Poser Pro 2012!!

Post by Joelsquare »

Feature request...

I am working on a series of shorts predominantly using AS PRO 8. I have been having trouble with a certain character and did some research into basic 3D programs as a possible solution.

I was extremely excited to find out that Poser seems easy to use and best of all, integrates into Anime Studio 8. I was even more excited when I receive a promotional email letting me know that if I pre-ordered Poser 2012, I would save a tonne of money. So I did it.

Now that I've gotten Poser installed and all ready to go, I find out that in fact, AS does NOT integrate with the latest version of Poser.

SO, my feature request... I'd really really like Anime Studio to recognize Poser Pro 2012.

Please?

-j
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Are you getting an error? I can't see why 2012 won't work when 2010 does.
Joelsquare

Post by Joelsquare »

Yeah...

"This version of Poser is not supported by Anime Studio".

Maybe there's an update I've missed or something. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions... I'll do some more research and report back, but in the meantime, it's looking like no.

-j
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Sorry about your luck, but I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on that one. I didn't see much need to because 2010 worked for what I needed but that was a good price.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Have you contacted Smith Micro with this?

What error do you get, or is it just not working?
Joelsquare

Post by Joelsquare »

GCharb wrote:Have you contacted Smith Micro with this?

What error do you get, or is it just not working?
Bonjour Giles,

The error I get is:

"This version of Poser is not supported by Anime Studio"

I haven't yet told Smith Micro, but I will right now. I discovered this late last night. I'm still hoping it's something I'm doing wrong - but I think it's probably that Anime Studio needs an update.

Cheers,
Joel
Joelsquare

Post by Joelsquare »

Their response:

"Anime Studio Pro 8 came out before Poser Pro 2012 did, and as such was not originally designed to work with Poser Pro 2012. However, an updater is in the works to make it compatible with Poser Pro 2012. Once it is available, you can access it at the Anime Studio updates page at:

http://anime.smithmicro.com/updates.html

Make sure to go to the Anime Studio Pro section of that page instead of the Debut section."

------------------

So, apparently, a fix is in the works, but he completely evaded my question about when I could expect that.

He also completely evaded my request for a legit working copy of the most recent compatible Poser to use until the fix arrive.

I wish I would have assumed this. I could have saved a lot of dough by buying Poser 2010 instead. :(

Oh well. I still love 'em :)
Joelsquare

Post by Joelsquare »

And... after following up with them, the Tech support dude I spoke to said that he suspected it would only be a few weeks, but it was speculation, as he doesn't have access to the engineering timetable. Fair enough.

I've gotta say - both emails I sent to Smith Micro Tech support were answered in a really quick manner. Even though I didn't love the answers, I have a lot of respect for a company that can respond so quickly. I did a stint in tech support for a digital musical instrument company, and our aim was to respond within 48 hours. That they responded to both my emails within 2 hours is amazing.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Cool about the replies.

As for the time of release, they cannot in good faith tell you that, since the date could change afterward for an insane number of reasons and peoples would feel cheated.

At least it is in the work!