Offset cycle (UPDATE: Now supports bone locking)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ponysmasher

Offset cycle (UPDATE: Now supports bone locking)

Post by ponysmasher »

I've been wanting a feature like this in Anime Studio and I read that others want it too. Here's my scripted solution: The script

Video demonstration: YouTube clip
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

There are now two versions in the .zip file:

ds_cycleoffset.lua - The script in the video.

ds_cycleoffsetalt.lua - This script supports locked bones and has some other changes.
Instead of using cycle keyframes you enter the frame range you want looped. Keyframes will be copied for all bones if used on a bone layer.

I prefer this latest version, especially since it's now possible to use walks with locked bones, but I've included the old version as well.
Last edited by ponysmasher on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Another great Script PONY, this looks like it would be very useful. I'll test it out today. Thanks :D
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Oh yessss, nice script pony smasher, and a big thanks for sharing!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Yes, that is very cool man, thanks allot!
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I just tried your script and it's working great! :D
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Just what I wanted! great!
This cycle option should be include in AS. Let's animate zombie walks! :D
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

selgin wrote:Just what I wanted! great!
This cycle option should be include in AS. Let's animate zombie walks! :D
Well it's thanks to you I was able to write this script. I read what you wrote elsewhere:
elsewhere selgin wrote:I have seen that After Effects and other software like Cinema 4d have a cycle option very useful: loopout offset.
Technically it "repeats the specified segment, but offsets each cycle by the difference in the value of the property at the start and end of the segment, multiplied by the number of times the segment has looped".
And suddenly I could wrap my head around it. So thanks! :)
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Very much appreciated, Thank you!
"and then Man created god!"
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Wow, great script! This will really be useful.

udd
chucky

Post by chucky »

Awesome.... many thanks
One question, is this a tool ,or a layer script? Where do I put it?
Please don't say..."where the sun don't shine"

Actually a lot of these scripts that are so great don't get the path detailed and I find myself running in small circles trying to get them to work.

The absolute bone lock is another, some seem to be obvious like save load bone animation. Please help a helpless doofus.
tatrik

Post by tatrik »

hi
thanks for this useful script. Could someone update this script for Anime studio version 8. It works with the 7'th version on bone layers but it doesn't work in the 8'th version.
Any help appreciated, thanks in advance
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

chucky wrote:Awesome.... many thanks
One question, is this a tool ,or a layer script? Where do I put it?
Please don't say..."where the sun don't shine"

Actually a lot of these scripts that are so great don't get the path detailed and I find myself running in small circles trying to get them to work.

The absolute bone lock is another, some seem to be obvious like save load bone animation. Please help a helpless doofus.
Sorry, I tend to forget that not everyone is as much of a script nerd as I am. This is a menu script so just put it into a folder under scripts/menu in your Anime Studio installation folder.

Absolute bone lock is a layer script so just double click a bone layer and check "embedded script file".
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

tatrik wrote:hi
thanks for this useful script. Could someone update this script for Anime studio version 8. It works with the 7'th version on bone layers but it doesn't work in the 8'th version.
Any help appreciated, thanks in advance
I use it myself in Anime Studio Pro 8 so it should work. Have you selected the right bone when you run it? I've made that mistake many times myself...
tatrik

Post by tatrik »

thank you for your interest. I have recorded the screen while i was unsuccessfully trying the script. Here is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?lah5t124hwa1a3h
Can you tell me if I am making any mistakes. Thanks again.
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

tatrik wrote:thank you for your interest. I have recorded the screen while i was unsuccessfully trying the script. Here is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?lah5t124hwa1a3h
Can you tell me if I am making any mistakes. Thanks again.
Sorry for my late reply, I've been very busy lately. You seem to be using the first script right. i have no idea why it isn't working. I don't have a mac so maybe it has something to do with that? Anyone here use it successfully on a mac?

When using the alternate version, instead of setting the keyframes to cycle, you should enter numerically what frames you want to loop.