Special Characters support

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Wolfo

Special Characters support

Post by Wolfo »

I have some minor problems when i write with spanish accents and ñ:

á é í ó ú ñ

Some times, the soft crashes or put other characters.

Is a minor trouble, because i only avoid accents or Ñ and is solve it, but, remember, english is not the only language of the world, there are more special characters than those and many other people with other languages could have problems.

I think this can be solved easly with a little update focused on support to more characters.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I do not have any problems saving files with French special characters like ÉéÀàÈèÇçüÜ.

Maybe your problem is not from Anime Studio?
Wolfo

Post by Wolfo »

GCharb wrote:I do not have any problems saving files with French special characters like ÉéÀàÈèÇçüÜ.

Maybe your problem is not from Anime Studio?
That's why i upload the image, the file is named "versión" when i send the order to export, that happens, if i re-write it with accent, the movie is called again "versioÃÅn", some times crashes, some times, not.

Anime Studio is the only software that i have with those minor problem, and is only when i put those characters, if i avoid it, there are no problems.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

yeah, I never put accents on my files, to avoid problems.
Genete

Re: Re. Special Characters support

Post by Genete »

aadison wrote:A character encoding system consists of a code that pairs each character from a given repertoire with something else, such as a sequence of natural numbers, octets or electrical pulses, in order to facilitate the transmission of data (generally numbers and/or text) through telecommunication networks or storage of text in computers.
Please ban this spammer! (and also delete this post)
-G
Imago

Post by Imago »

@ Genete
But he's right! :o

@ Wolfo
Some times I get the same problem, so I avoid to use special characters on the file names. You have to do the same or use another language. (for example, instead of "Cabeza" use "Head")
Don't think it's something "racist" about language, but as the "spammer" said, there are the need to use an unique char-set to have the best compatibility among the different file systems and platforms...
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q