UK only I'm afraid

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

withoutaclue

UK only I'm afraid

Post by withoutaclue »

There looking for supremely talented animators to show them what they can do. Red Bull Canimation is a nationwide hunt for creative talent, and it's open to anyone who’s passionate about animation, regardless of experience. The only rule is that their blue and silver can needs to take centre stage. After that, you're free to be as imaginative and adventurous as you like! Plus, the best animations will get the chance to be featured on Channel 4 and in cinemas nationwide. Get involved and see how Red Bull can give your creativity wings.

http://canimation.redbull.co.uk/competition
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

not long for submissions but interestingly enough they have a digicel flipbook licence till the 15th Nov to help.

Since I've never entered a comp before is this normal...?
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
By submitting your film to us you hereby grant to Red Bull the exclusive irrevocable worldwide, perpetual and unlimited rights to use your film for any purpose whatsoever in any kind and in any and all means and media now known or hereafter devised. This includes in particular but is not limited to the following rights: the right to broadcast, to make available to the public (including on-demand), the CD and DVD rights, the right of alteration, dubbing and synchronization, the rights of distribution and copying and lending and the right of promotion, including above the line advertising. Red Bull shall be allowed to sublicense and/or assign all granted rights (in whole or in part) to any third party, in particular to its parent company and its affiliates.

In submitting your film to us you hereby agree to waive all moral rights in your film.

On request, you agree to provide documentation to Red Bull's satisfaction to prove that all content featuring in your film is rights-cleared. You shall ensure that, to the extent that any third party music or content features in your film, you shall get standard form Red Bull clearance documentation signed by such third parties, at Red Bull's request.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I was expecting this, ever since a siimilar passage in an american contest some years ago stirred some uproar among animators.

I think they just want to save time and keep out of trouble when they want to use any of the contestant's images for advertising - the contest, or anything else. Instead of carefully keeping track which image belongs to whom, and not first clear rights before publishing it, they write into their "rules" that they intend to fucking not care, and when you sign it, you're OK with that.

In extreme it means that they can use your film, your characters, your story idea, whatever, and use it, publish it, re-do it with actors or whatnot, and don't have to pay you for anything.

I wouldn't touch such "contest" with a 10 mile stick.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I absolutely agree with slowtiger on this one, this is a legal scam!
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

yeahh I thought if it wasnt normal it seemed to be an alarming trend.

I saw another contest elsewhere that said you had to submit *totally new animations* so you had to give away your best create new work and they could pretty much do what they want even if you dont win.

i blame xfactor.

everyone is so keen to make it they will sign their lives away.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?