chineese diva

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ahzra

chineese diva

Post by ahzra »

hey all , iam a beginner in the field of animation , and new in using anime studio pro , this is one of my work with it , i want a honest criticism of what lacks me . specialy iam not good at drawing but i can trick the matter using genius tools of anime studio , and thank you all and i will appreciate your help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hTgL5Sj1b0

and this is my channel on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/user/hejazey
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

It's very static. I gave up halfway through because I got bored. I asked myself "What does animation provide here that a live action sequence couldn't?" and the answer was "Nothing". For me, animation basics are movement and story telling. You need to work out how to make this kind of subject matter more interesting, if that is what you want to do. In My Humble Opinion.

You did ask for criticism.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ahzra

Post by ahzra »

thanks johnocli for being honest , you r totally true . the problem is that iam not talented at drawing so i have not the courage to walk throught difficult movements in order not to distruct the quantaties . i must find a way to compensate being not good at drawing
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

ahzra wrote:thanks johnocli for being honest , you r totally true . the problem is that iam not talented at drawing so i have not the courage to walk throught difficult movements in order not to distruct the quantaties . i must find a way to compensate being not good at drawing
How are you at modelling? You could make character's arms, legs, torsos etc out of clay or something and then take photos of them and merge them in Anime Studio to make a cartoon. Or use images cut from magazines. To succeed as an animator you don't necessarily need drawing ability -- but you do need imagination. The good news is, it doesn't cost anything.
ahzra

Post by ahzra »

thanx jahnocli , i do can model and rig , and animate but the problem is not in moving body parts . the main problem is . exploring facial expressions . and turning head up and down and how shapes changes.. it is hard to me to imagine this process .. plz my friend visit my channel on you tube and see all my animation .. there you can understand what i mean...
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

You need some education. Start here: Frame by frame. Look at how great animators build up their shots. Try buying a couple of books on animation -- I recommend The Illusion of Life and The Animator's Survival Kit. Start small -- try re-making some ads as spoof animations. Good luck!
ahzra

Post by ahzra »

thanx jahnocli you were very helpful . i will do your advice