Would like more than 3000 frames

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mirsky

Would like more than 3000 frames

Post by Mirsky »

Hi. I'm new to this forum and I hope I'm not rehashing an old feature request, although I'm guessing I might be.

I bought Anime Studio Debut 7 last year on sale, but I hadn't tried using it until now.

One disappointment is that I found out the program is limited to 3000 frames, which equates to only two minutes. I'm pretty disappointed about that limitation. It seems arbitrary and I know Smith Micro is doing it so customers will upgrade to Anime Studio Pro, but that upgrade is expensive.

It would seem more generous of Smith Micro to allow users of Anime Studio Debut to produce longer animations -- even five minutes would be a significant improvement.

I'm also curious if people here have found any tricks to creating longer animations, such as splitting up an animation into multiple files.

Thanks.
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

hint: how long is a scene and how could you glue them. assuming debut allows export
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Mirsky wrote:I'm also curious if people here have found any tricks to creating longer animations, such as splitting up an animation into multiple files.
No trick involved. This is how the vast majority of people do it.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Like jahnocli said, most animations are split in much shorter shots, 5-10 seconds in most short movies.

I also find shorts with several short scenes more entertaining then one long shot, just look at Pixar's shorts.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

yeah - [AS Pro] - longest I've ever done in one AS file is about 12-15 secs. As well as reasons of cinematography that Gilles mentions, keeping things short also means short render times and managable file sizes.

apart from functionality, the real "output" limit in debut is its frame size - you can't get "cinema quality" output.

This gives one example of the number of files involved in putting a 1.5 minute animation together viewtopic.php?t=19808&start=8